Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: O2

Bluetooth from blackberry torch to BMW

Hi

I have a query regarding updates, do the blackberry phones automatically update themselves?

The reason for my question is a month ago l bought a 1 year old BMW car and the phone paired perfectly. After a month l was unable to answer the phone from the steering wheel of my car, however the Bluetooth in the car still works if l answer the call from my blackberry torch phone.

I have taken the car back to BMW as it is still under warranty, and they have come back and said the problem is that the phone has had an automatic update, so the software in the car is no longer compatible to use the steering wheel answer functionality, l know myself l have not manually updated the phone, as l tend to shy away from updates due to past experience, hence my question do they also automatically update?

They want £150 to correct the software on the BMW as it is not covered under warranty. Could anyone advise who may have been in the same position?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bluetooth from blackberry torch to BMW

I disagree with BMW. If it pairs with the cars BT then that's all the phone does as is my understanding. Sounds like an electric problem within Your BMW.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bluetooth from blackberry torch to BMW

You may need to delete phone from car and reinstall it.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.