Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

JCT
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth headset pairing issues

I have been having issues pairing my bluetooth headset with my Curve. The headset worked and then suddenly could not be paired. I can go through all of the steps up until entering my 0000 passcode and then my phone hangs and is never able to complete the pairing although I can see my headset listed on my phone. 

I tried the pairing with a different bluetooth headset, and this which worked for 3 days and then the same issues occurred. The T-Mobile store representative tried different things, had me call the 1800 T-Mobile tech support, who also could not help. Around this time, my Blackberry phone book also disappeared from view, although when I would manually type in a phone number, the user's name showed up, so I knew that my phone book was still in my phone, just not visible to me. Blackberry Tech support provided different instructions to help reset my  phone to factory settings and going through these steps, I was able to view my phone book and once again, was able to pair my Bluetooth with my Blackberry. Unfortunately this success lasted for about 3 weeks and I am now once again, no longer able to pair my headset. I've tried deleting and adding the bluetooth device without success. 

T-Mobile suggested that the issue is with my phone and that I should get a new Blackberry. Since it is only a year old, I do not wish to purchase a new Blackberry. I had another Blackberry previously that did not give me any issues. One other thing, I sync this Blackberry with a Mac and have been doing so for about a year. I am not sure if that's part of the problem.  Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bluetooth headset pairing issues

I don't think it's an issue with T-Moble i live in the Dominican Republica and have been having the same problem.  I can't get mine to pair with any other bluetooth enabled device.  I just switched my phone and tried sending all the info through bluetooth and it says discovered paired and then it goes down.   Can't send anything either.