Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth pairing - Motorola H700

I've just upgraded from BB Curve to Bold and am unable to Pair my Motorola H700 earpiece with the new bb.  The bb discovers the headset but when I enter the 0000 numeric code, the bb tells me it's "Unable to pair with the Motorola H700".  Same thing happens with my Motorola Hands-free car unit>  What am I doing wrong?
Contributor

Re: Bluetooth pairing - Motorola H700

Start with the H700 closed.  Push the button down under the light turns purple, then open the microphone.  On the bb in the bluetooth menu "add device" search.  This should do it.

Dave

Contributor

One more thing, after you pair it.  Look at the device list, highlight it and click on it with the key to the left of the ball.  go to device properties and switch trusted to "yes".  This will get rid of the "do you want to connect" prompt each time you turn the bt on.

Dave

New Contributor

Yes - the blackberry recognizes the Ear Piece when it does the search - but when it asks for the numeric code and I enter 0000 (which I know is the correct code) the bb tells me it's "unable to pair with the Motorola 700" and asks me if I want to try again.  Of course, when I try again the same thing happens.  I used this headset for months with my bb Curve and I can't understand why it won't work with the Bold?
Contributor

Well, I have a H700 and I have a bold.  I haven't had any problems pairing them.  I even deleted the device and did the pairing again.  And yes the code is 0000.  Are you pressing the ball in response to the prompts?
New Contributor

I think there may be a problem with the blackberry - it won't seem to pair with any bluetooth device - hands-free car unit, ear piece or my MacBook Pro.  I'll take it to a dealer and have them check it out.  Thanks for your help!
Contributor

yeah that makes more sense.  I also have a bunch of bt devices paired to mine.  Good luck!

For pairing problems on a new blackberry (where your headset was previously paired to another device)

If your bberry will not recognize the H700 headset after following these instructions for pairing the device

http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/manuals/QG-H700_9499A88O.pdf

If that doesn't work, try opening the boom and holding the call button down until the indicator light turns steady purple.  This is not the instruction in the motorola manual, but worked for me.

Visitor

I have the similar problem with my 8800. I had a  headset connectrd to my phone. no problrms until i deleted the device then connected it to an 8320. since then i am not able to re-pair the headset to my 8800. after entering 0000 passkey, it says unable to pair with Blackberry 655+ try again. i am only able to pair with devices already saved on my handheld, any new devices comes up with the same error.

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

I had a hard time pairing the Motorola H700 with my Curve 8530 also.  It worked fine with my old Blackberry.  I tried your suggestion and it worked.  Thanks for the tip.