Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth tethering with the Bold no longer works with official .282 release

Just upgraded to .282 offcial from carrier(Rogers).  Tethering is something that is free/allow/"their view is its your data use it how you want", and with .282 Bluetooth tethering no longer works.  I am on a Mac, but issue occurs everywhere.

Any ideas of why .282 broke tethering.  I heard that anything above .190 has tethering disabled/broken??? 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Bluetooth tethering with the Bold no longer works with official .282 release

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please do not double post your question.

Either resolve the thread in the MAC forum or this one.

Different users try and help both threads and it creates double the work.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Developer

Re: Bluetooth tethering with the Bold no longer works with official .282 release

i Double posted due to the nature of the issue.  It is possible that the issue is a mac related issue with the latest os.  Or may be a general .282 issue.  Therefore i double posted.  Could can all agree that the mac community is much smaller than the windows community and therefore i needed to grab the attention of mac users specifically as well as the the general Bold community.
New Developer

Found the solution.  THANK GOD.

http://www.setera.org/projects/blackberry-bold-pppd-replacement/

Simple install.  Turns out to be a Mac issue and not a BB issue 

New Contributor

Thank you thank you thank you for this.  I live in Mexico in an area where I cannot get DSL.  I was distraught when I lost my tethering capacity, so thanks for bringing it back!