Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Bold 4 Multiple issues

I have had this phone for almost 17 months with one SWAP as the previous one died due to multiple issues and replaced with another Bold 4.

1.The battery backup of this phone really sucks is there a way to imrpove or run any test or just need to buy a new one.The battery has been replaced in Feb 2013.

2.At times when the phone is being put on charge the thunderbolt like sign gets replaced with plug sign at any stage of charging no matter its connected from the wallsocket or via USB,I have to plug and unplug many times before it gets into a charging mode and I had the same issue with the previous Bold 4.Is there a generic issue with the Bold 4 series or is it my luckSmiley Sad

3.This is the worst issue that I face and at times feel like throwing the phone from window,at times when the phone gets locked and when I need to unlock it by pressing the button on top of the phone the **bleep** thing wont respond at times I have to battery pull and then the thing comes to life which at times can be very frustrating.

4.I was told that there is no need to install antivirus on a Blackberry phone as its not prone to virus attacks or threats unlike a Android or Windows phone,is this true or all the issues I am having is coz of a virus which I am not aware.

5.When I do listen to music and if I do get a whats app message I am not able to play this immediately the only solution is a turn off the phone or battery pull,I didnt have this issue earlier.Also is there a shorter way to delete the voice messages like select all and delete I didnt find and I had to select and delete one by one which is very tiring and frustrating.Also where can i find a log of whats app or BBM msgs on my phone.

6.Also when listening to music if i get any message or e mail the volume increases all of sudden.I tried to install the OS but that didnt work either,whats my next move call 1800 bruce all mightySmiley Happy

I have App Version 7.1.0.746 (2108),is there a better version than this??

I need help ASAP....

Shayak Munshi