Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

GAM
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone Greece
Accepted Solution

Bold 9000, OS 5: NO Clock Alarm SOUND when handheld rises from deactivated mode

Hello I've recently upgraded my Bold 9000 software device software from v4.6 to v5. Everything work excellent EXCEPT from the Clock-Alarm Sound !!. When my handheld is Activated, it works according to my relative settings. The problem is when I've set a Clock-Alarm time and turned my handheld OFF. When the time comes, the handheld wakes-up (as it should normally do), displays the dialog form regarding the snooze or the alarm termination but there's NO SOUND AT ALL !!. I've searched the community for regarding problems and I've tried to apply to my handheld every potential suggestion like: 1). usage of a build-in simple sound 2). a sound file stored on my handheld's device memory and not onto an external card 3). battery correct physical enforcement 4) and of course, many-many baterry pool outs (for hard reset) !! Unfortunatelly nothing worked !! Because i use my handheld as my main (only) wake-up alarm in the morning, I tried to make the follwing test: 1). Selected the "No Sound" profile (I don't want an accidentical call to wake me up after midnight..) 2). Applied an Alarm time 3). Turned my handheld OFF Upon proper time, my handheld waked-up and there was SOUND !! After many attempts choosing different Sound Profiles, I've discoverded that ONLY under the "No Sound" profile my handheld's alarm sound works correctly !! I even tried to apply all the settings of the working "No Sound" profile to other existing profiles or even new one but without success. Does any one has any idea how to "reset" other sound profiles ? Please note that many sound profiles (like Normal) doesn't give you the option to delete them. Thanks in advance for your reply Kind Regards GAM
Kind Regards

Giorgos Mytskidis
Athens, Greece
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Bold 9000, OS 5: NO Clock Alarm SOUND when handheld rises from deactivated mode

Can try clearing the Profiles database via the Desktop Manager. If you go into Desktop Manager | Backup and Restore | Advanced you can highlight Profiles on the right side and choose Clear.

Also have you tried to wipe the device to see if it's make a difference?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: att

Re: Bold 9000, OS 5: NO Clock Alarm SOUND when handheld rises from deactivated mode

Does your speakerphone work properly?  Is it as loud as it was when you purchased it?

GAM
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I'll try your suggestion regarding the Desktop Manager and I'll come back with a post regarding the results.

I really hope that your suggestion will be the solution !!

Regarding your second suggestion, No I have not. You see I've a lot of data like contacts, notes, tasks, calendar stuff and many-many more and although i maintain a full backup on a regular base, I don't feel comfortable at all to try to wipe the handheld.

Kind Regards

GAM

Kind Regards

Giorgos Mytskidis
Athens, Greece
GAM
New Contributor

Thanks to your reply too.

Yes my speakerphone is functioning well. Never noticed before and till now any other problem regarding my handheld's speakerphone except that spesific problem which is probably a result of a mess regarding internal settings.

Kind Regards

Giorgos Mytskidis
Athens, Greece
GAM
New Contributor

Hello again

I've just tried your suggestion regarding the clean-up of the Sound Profiles of my phone using the Desktop Software.

Unfortunatelly there was no success. In fact Desktop Software claimed that it did remove my Profiles database but when I inspected my phone (after reset of course, just to be sure if it did), my Sound Profiles were untouched. It seems that there's no way out of that... Again, I would like to thank you for your time.

I do appreciate the valuable contribution of the forum but I strongly believe that RIM should maintain a technical support service if not for providing solutions at least to register that kind of feedback in order to optimize their products.

It's tragical not only to get a solution by RIM but also not being able to report a technical incident !!

If I could report that bug, at least I would have the hope that RIM Knows and sometime in the future there will be some kind of a fix !!

Kind Regards

Giorgos Mytskidis
Athens, Greece
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

No problem. Glad to help out. If you maintain a full backup then you have nothing to worry about. If you wipe it and it still doesn't work then you can do a restore and everything will just be as it was.

I'd say either a wipe or reloading of the OS would be the next things I'd try.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
GAM
New Contributor

Hello

Finally I've made my mind and proceeded with my handheld's software wipe !!

That procedure provided indeed the desired solution !!

If someone would like to know more details regarding the wipping procedure that I've followed, I would be happy to share with him (her) my "experience"..

I would like to thank every one who placed a reply-post to my initial post in order to help me out.

Kind Regards

Giorgos Mytskidis
Athens, Greece
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9000
My Carrier: Orange

Hello Giorgios,

I got exactly the same problem like you had. Just got a BB but it doesn't make a sound! It's so frustrating, don't know when people call me... Anyway, I only got a mobile, no cables to connect it to the computer and deal with through the Desktop Manager.

Please share with me your experience, on how did you wipe out the whole software? Does it need to be connected to the computer? If so, I'll go and buy the cable, but don't need a backup really.

Please help!

Regards,

Monika

GAM
New Contributor

Hello Monica

Excuse my asking, but how is it posiible to get just a handheld ?

Did you purchased it or did you find that handheld ?

Please note that if you didn't purchased your handheld (someone lost it and you found it, bought a stolen one or else), I really don't want to participate on that !! I'm sure you do understand it.

Anyway, the procedure I've followed requires a computer and so an appropiate cable too.

Keep in mind that my case was a bit different than yours (at least from what I understand through your post).

Sounds in my handheld were functioning correctly except in one case: The Alarm Clock Sound Only when my handheld was turned off !! Is this your case ?

Another important issue is your handheld's model; what's your BB model and your currently installed OS version ?

I'm not an authorized BB support service, and there's a great change that you'll finally come up with a really corrupted (regarding the OS) handheld !!

Kind Regards

Giorgos Mytskidis
Athens, Greece