Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

GW2
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Bold 9000 Red light, no power on.

A few days ago I pulled my phone out of the holster and It was really hot and when i looked at it i realized it was off, and wouldnt turn back on. just a red light comes on like normal upon a battery pull but after it turns off the red light comes back on again once more then stays off for good. unless i plug it in then it comes on and goes off all the time. I got it powered back up yesterday but then it did it again. Today I plugged it in and I saw a picture of a battery come up on the screen showing it as empty, i was hoping that meant it might charge up. but no such luck. My main objective is just to get the phone up long enough to back up the info on the phone. 

Thank you very much for your help, GW2

Solutions: 6,377
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold 9000 Red light, no power on.

If it is showing the no battery symbol on the screen:

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
GW2
New Contributor

well after reading this post i plugged it back in to let it charge, its only been about fifteen minutes now but nothing has happened on screen or on the led. no signs of life. im going to try to leave it for a few hours like you said though. hopefully it works.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry ZED 10
My Carrier: TMO

If that doesn't work you can try to use jl_cmder to wipe the device and reload the OS!

Does your PC recognize the device when connected via data cable

GW2 wrote:

well after reading this post i plugged it back in to let it charge, its only been about fifteen minutes now but nothing has happened on screen or on the led. no signs of life. im going to try to leave it for a few hours like you said though. hopefully it works.

15 minutes won't do it. Several hours, follow the directions specifically.
And then go to JL_Cmder if needed as Mr. Runner stated.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
GW2
New Contributor

15 minutes was all i had, ive done it for a few hours now and nothing. yes my computer recognizes it but cannot seem to access it.

GW2
New Contributor

Also it has come to my attention that jl_cmder wipes the device entirely, which i have no interest in doing until my data is backed up, which i have already express in an earlier post. dont mind losing the device so long as my data gets off it. I do backup frequently but this week ive done a lot and hadnt got to back it up yet.

Any news on this?

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: dassa

hey my phone has the similar problem for the pass 2weeks. i cant find a solution. i have been surving the net and no answers found. can someone help me . thank you Smiley Happy