Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Bold 9000, Sync to mac using missing Sync

have just upgraded from a 8800 to a 9000 and am having no ends of issues 

I am trying to sync my 9000 to my macbook using the missing sync, the 8800 does it no problem just plug and play.

When i try to do it with the 9000 the missing sync screen appears, the battery symbol shows charging for about 2 seconds and then it goes back to just displaying the battery symbol as thought the phone is not plugged in on charge.

when i try to sync the phone missing sync returns an error stating that the phone is not connected, in finder the phone is not showing as a drive.

So far i have done a soft reset on the 9000, taken the battery out and restarted it.

i have reset and restarted the mac

I have checked to see that i have the latest software on missing sync

everything seems to be in order but can anyone come up with any other suggestions, i am slowly coming to the conclusion that the phone is faulty 

Re: Bold 9000, Sync to mac using missing Sync

[ Edited ]

Please see the other thread we have going on this.

Missing Sync does not work with the Bold, even though they say they "support it"...all they are doing is opening error tickets for everyone and indicating they can't figure it out. At most, you might be able to get your calendars and tasks to sync and notes if you use only MarkSpace notes. Nothing syncs correctly to Entourage by the way, so use only your native mac apps. Contacts become corrupted. Sync once, and never sync them again - it will erase  your desktop contacts.

If you are using a (late 2008)  Macbook, Macbook Pro, or macbook Air, there is NO sync support at this time for Missing Sync and the BB Bold. Missing Sync states they are aware of this, but have no estimate for an update.

If you are getting no connection at all -- try opening Missing Sync first, then connect. Try a different USB port. Try uninstalling your old version of MS, and reinstall a fresh copy after a reboot of your computer. 

See the other thread for suggestions and tips. People are posting the same questions without reading through the others, and now we have 3 of them. There is one that is two pages long with some ideas and experiences of others. 

Message Edited by RonAnnArbor on 11-15-2008 12:28 PM
New Contributor

Thanks for the info, i should have had a trawl through the forum, but after 2 hours of covering the basic stuff i was a little ragged......

If this is the case i might send the Bold back to my carrier and go back to my 8800, possibly look at a storm once they come out..... 

My Device: Bold 9000

Missing Sync worked great after loading apps on phone and laptop and activating with codes on first BlackBerry Bold and iBook G4 1.33 Gig OSX 10.4.11 with Bluetooth going via proximity sync with address book and MS Entourage SMS email contacts call logs et al.  Now that I have a replacement BB I get no syncs.  All I really want are my contacts.  Anyone know what went wrong? I can't get a first sync on Blueooth I plug in USB but proram goes to Blueooth.  Its a Catch 22 situation.