Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold 9000 Synch error

I have a BB Bold 9000.  I have downloaded Desktop Mgr 4.6 (460_b023_multilanguage.exe) and successfully synchronized with my Lotus Notes contacts, schedule, tasks and memos.  So far so good.  However in the last week I have gotten an error during the synch function that forces the Desktop Manager to close.  No error codes just "gotta close" and my only options are to see the error log and wave bye bye to the Desktop Mgr.  Now I can start it again, in which case it seems to come up fine, but at the same spot in the synch - boom.

Here's what I see.  Contacts seem to synch ok (Reading from Device Addr Book, Processing Device Addr Book, Processing Lotus Notes Addr Book, etc) ... Calendar starts and seems to run (Reading from Device Calendar, Processing Device Calendar) however at the point of 'Processing Lotus Notes Calendar' - boom.

Here's the log details

Error Signature:

AppName: desktopmgr.exe

AppVer: 4.6.0.17

ModName: Intersections.dll

ModVer: 7.1.1.119

Offset: 001a31fd

Exception Info:

Code: 0xc000000d   Flags: 0x00000000

Record: 0x0000000000000000   Addr: 0x0000000008c031fd

I can recreate

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Bold 9000 Synch error

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You have a corrupt or non registered dll file.

Use the procedures listed to reinstall desktop manager.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10254&sliceId=2&docTy...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

completed the task assigned. 

followed steps provided.  reinstalled and still - boom.  same place.  i forgot to look at the error log when DeskTopMgr went down so I do not know if the log was the same.  However, exact same step in the synchronize process. 

Any other ideas?  I will reattempt the previous provided steps again.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

The log is going to define the record, I would use it.

Thanks

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks so much for your responses and input so far!  I truly appreciate it.  Sadly, I am still getting the same error and have now uninstalled/reinstalled per the KB documents notes so many time I'm getting good at it.  I don't really want to be good at it.  HAHA.  Alright, the detail from the log is still very similar.

Here's the log details

Error Signature:

AppName: desktopmgr.exe

AppVer: 4.6.0.17

ModName: Intersections.dll

ModVer: 7.1.1.119

Offset: 001a31fd

Exception Info:

Code: 0xc000000d   Flags: 0x00000000

Record: 0x0000000000000000   Addr: 0x0000000008c031fd

However in the lastest 2 cases (today) the Exception Info - Addr field changed a bit 96c31fd and a3b31fd.

I should add some other background data.  I used to use have a Palm Treo 650 and used Easysync to synchronize calendar, contact, task and memo data.  I have uninstalled Easysync.  I also have Palm Desktop on this computer that will NOT uninstall.  Since I have been able to synch my BB and Lotus Notes successfully (with both installed prior to my initial post) I didn't feel they were an issue.  Oh well.  Let me know your thoughts.

Highlighted
New Contributor

oh yes ... one other thing.  I reset the BB Desktop Software to only synch Addresses, Tasks and Memos.  Worked fine.  I added the synch step for LN calendar and it bombed out with the 2nd Error Signature - Addr: noted above.

Going to see about how to get rid of PalmOne Desktop.  I'll let you know