Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold (9000) is very slow.. help

[ Edited ]

Hi guys.

I found my blackberry bold really slow.. all most crawling. Is it something to do with phone memory? I got  a media card , but I dont think the phone is using it apart from media stuffs. How can I ensure that the media card is used for application and contacts / emails etc. ?

pls advise.

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by srustiranjan on 10-07-2008 09:42 AM
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Bold (9000) is very slow.. help

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please go to OPTIONS STATUS and send the file free and file total numbers.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Re: Bold (9000) is very slow.. help

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I can see Filefree as 0 bytes.

Guru I

Re: Bold (9000) is very slow.. Help

Hi,

You have low free memory left on your device. In fact you couldn't have gotten lower!

Do you have a lot of third party applications on your BB weather, icall,bbalerts etc?

I do not know your experience level, so if you know this I'm sorry but please read and let me

know if this applies.

Most people close the applications by pressing the escape or red key. This does not close the applications.

Each application has a CLOSE option. For instance if you are in the calendar hit the menu key (spotted key) and scroll down to the bottom CLOSE is listed. Go through each application and press close. Go into the browser press menu and options select cache operations clear all categories and hit escape it will say cleaning memory. See if you have the following option on your version

Go to options - security - memory cleaning - enable it. The BB will now clean memory when idle for 5 minutes.

you will have an icon on you screen for memory cleaning make sure you press it. Make sure you use the CLOSE button each time you are done with an application.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=9225#M9225

If you follow the steps listed on the above link, and keep up with your memory your phone will operate smoothly.

Please let us know if you need help with any of the steps.

Thanks

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star

.Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks 

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

Hi there,

Thank you for the response.

I hardly have any applications installed (infact its exactly two applications , gtalk and live) . This list is going to grow for sure. I have just added a media card , is there anyway I can my BB can use this for applications ?.

I have deleted my emails but it still shows 0 memory ! the same after deleting around 100 emails !

Guru I

Hi,

If you deleted 100 emails and your file free show 0 I'm afraid there is something drastically wrong. Basically you have 0 memory to do anything, phone calls. Period.

See if you can perform this test:

1. On the Home screen on the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options.
  2. Select Status.
  3. On the Status screen, type test.

Note: On BlackBerry smartphones that support SureType® technology, use the multi-tap input method.

4. From the menu on the Device Self Test Application screen, select Start

Please let us know what the results are,

Thanks

Contributor

After playing around for a day , I found out that MSN live is the culprit . I uninstalled this and it seems everything is working fine now. The question still remaines though is "How we can use the external memory as part of internal memory (part of application memory)" . Can we use an additional media card to install application , if yes how.

Thanks for the help . The test thing really gives me confidence , I didnt know this tips. Thank you a ton for that.

Cheers

Guru I

[ Edited ]

Great!

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks  

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-08-2008 02:06 PM

Contributor

Its back to the same issue again !!

I have uninstalled all the applications now !! apart from the docs to go which comes installed I dont have any application left , I have uninstalled the games as well.

1.In the status check the application memory shows 25 MB  (which was showing 27MB yesterday)

2.I have got a media card about 3 GB

3.In the memory options I can see the media card showing the 3 GB unused.

Is there anyway I can use the media card memory as application memory ?

Pls help.

Thanks

Contributor

Bifocals,

I did uninstall the gtalk applicaiton also , now there arent any application to uninstall. Can I use the media card memory for application memory?