Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold 9650. Lots of trouble with CICAL, CIME, default calendar and default contact list (missing)

Hi. I am so frustrated. Went through a similar thing with another phone (which broke) LAST month. I have backed up and synced unsucessfully so many times (resulting in triplicate calendar entries) that I don't know which end is up.

Bold 9650, Verizon. OS6 DM version 7. I don't use enterprise server.

I got a new phone last week (4th Bold in 13 months). I noticed that there was no longer a default calendar (just my yahoo account, which I don't use for calendar, just email). So the only choice under options in Calendar was thissucks@yahoo.com (not my real email address). There was no box to select "default" as a calendar, which I have been using since 2008.  Another thing that is happening is similar- in Contacts, the only contact list I could choose is the stupid yahoo.com contact list. I have been using and syncing the default calendar and contact list with Outlook for the past 4 years. I suspected that it was the new DM upgrade with my old phone (last month). Now I can't send email or reply to it. (my yahoo account) on the phone.

So I went the the Verizon store for the third time in a week. They reinstalled my yahoo email account, then the only calendar and contact list could choose was thissucks@yahoo.com, "Default" was not an option (the original problem)  It was not listed and there was no box to check. When I try to sync I get the following message: "Default is no longer available as a service". The only box I can check is the one with my yahoo account, which I do not want to use. I showed the guy how to delete the service book, which he didn't know how to do. And apparently neither do I as there is no CICAL and CIME of any kind in the service books.

I have tried the following: battery pull, reinstalling and installing desktop manager software.

I suspect from reading may of these posts in search of a solution that this latest version of DM prevents one from continuing to use the "default" calendar and contact list. I would like to find a work around (like I did last month on the previous phone...I was told to delete the calendar then reload it..there must have been corrupt data..it worked). I am leary about doing that again this time as I have enties in both the calendar on the phone and on Outlook which haven't been synced due to this problem. and now I can't even send email. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bold 9650. Lots of trouble with CICAL, CIME, default calendar and default contact list (missing)

OK I just learned how to resend the service books. The only ones that came were (myyahooaddress) CMIME and CICAL. Is there a way to get the CMIME and CICAL service books for default (not associated with an email address? Thanks.