Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold 9650

Howdy every one got a problem that has stumpt me and i cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Any time you try to make an out going call it rings once the hungs up by its self

Any time the phone recieves a incoming call it beeps then ends the call on its own i noticed at the bottom of the incoming call screen there is a symbol with a music note with a diagnol line through it and it says ringer off below it. I have searched every where and I not located any where to turn the ringer on.

I have tried diffrent profiles create a new profile nothing.

text messages work ok

Email works ok

Tried updating it from the desktop manager and it says it is up to date

Tired to update it from the phone and it says it is up to date

I pulled the battery while the phone was still powered on and left it out for 2mins and still the same issue.

Called Verizon tech support and they said to update the software on the phone.

any input would be great

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold 9650

Gosh, I have never seen any sign of RingerOff on my 9650. What is your OS version?

Is your Active Profile set to Normal? Go in, hit Phone and what is the tone and the volume set at?
~diffused
Z10, OS Version 10.2.1.3253
Verizon
New Contributor

Blackberry 9650 Smarthphone (3G, CDMA, Wi-Fi)

6.0 Bundle 1741 (v6.0.0.431, Platform 4.4.0.315)

The ringtones work because when i select the try it button it plays the tone and the volume is all the up.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Only other thing I can think of since I don't have 6.0 on mine, check you phone options and also make sure your volume key is working and volume is actually on. I had turned my volume way down/off while listening to a ringtone and the next sound I was suppose to hear was silent. If the volume key is clicked all the way down it would be silent for me.
~diffused
Z10, OS Version 10.2.1.3253
Verizon
New Contributor

Volume is all the way up

I have gone trough every setting imaginable and still cannot find any thing to do with "ringer off"

Visitor

Same here phone only rings once have checked all settings changed tone, volume etc. Makes no difference
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

Hi,

Check a couple of things on your phone's settings.  Press the green send button and then press the Menu key.  Select Options and general options.  See if your Auto Answer Calls is set to Never.  Also, see just above Auto End Calls is set to Into Holster or Never.  Also, try calling *228 and selecting option 2 to update your device's PRL.  After that, see if your phone works better.

Doc

My Device: Bold 9650

I support a large community of clients for major auto manufacturer.  Large being over 200 devices.  Several of our recent clients have received the newer BlackBerry 9650 model from Verizon and several have had the exact same problem described previously. 

Our only Temporary Countermeasure is to reinstall the O/S on the clients device.  We are running O/S 6. Version 6.0.0.431.

It works for awhile, but our clients are doing something which corrupts the O/S configuration in our opinion.  Once we reinstall, we ask our clients not to play with the sound features, fear they will disable them again. 

We need RIM to fix this bug.  It seems similar to the bug they had in their Bold 9000. 

My Device: Bold 9900

I had the same problem. Turns out the contacts on the speaker were not touching the circuit board. Remove the back shell of the device. Check that the speaker contacts ( speaker is on the left side of the cover when looking at it from the inside) are protruding enough to touch the square contact patches on the circuit board.