Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Bold 9700: Can't restore address book on phone from the backup

Hey guys, I hope you can help me cause I really need my 266 contacts back! Smiley Sad

I recently have wiped my BB clear completely (making a back up before ofcourse) cause I had to reinstall my email accounts (changed carrier).

When I wanted to restore my data it copied everything but it left my contacts out. When I tried to individually add data I noticed that the option to choose Addresses/Contacts was grey (I can't tick the box).

Can anyone help me? Thx!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold 9700: Can't restore address book on phone from the backup

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that situation:

• KB04461 Unable to restore read only databases when using the Advanced Backup and Restore function of BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Hey thanks! Got them all back. I had to remove the [CICAL] service books.

"Service books will need to be sent back down from the Enterprise Server to the BlackBerry Smartphone after this step is complete. Please contact the Administrator of the active Enterprise Server or IT department." - I assume this is my carriers IT department?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

No...your carrier provides and supports BIS for your personal email accounts. BES is provided and supported by whoever you get that supplementary service from...normally, it's your own company (for enterprise email), but I have heard of some 3rd parties offering BES to end users.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................