Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Bold 9700 Host Routing Table won't get populated. Everything else is A-OK. I do have a BIS contract.

I just bought a Bold 9700 on Ebay. It was originally for T-Mobile but the phone has been unlocked. I am able to send and receive SMS/MMS and to make phone calls. I'm also able to connect to wi-fi and use WAP internet connections.

I am, however, unable to use blackberry service apps (facebook, live messenger, bbm) and unable to use blackberry for e-mail (other than using the browser to access gmail webpage).

I've tried getting service from two different providers and none of them worked. At max i get an "edge" or a "3G" connection.

My Host Routing Table is always empty, even though I have contracted BIS services. Also, even though I contracted BIS I get the menu option "Enterprise Services" under the "Advanced Options" menu. When I inserted my SIM card into my friend's phone, her phone automatically registered into the the network and her Host Routing Table got populated.

I tried downgrading and then re-upgrading my phone software, but I'm still stuck in the same spot. It's as if RIM did not recognize the existance of my phone. But I am able to use my PIN to access WorldAPP (through wi-fi).

I feel like I'm driving a Porsche at 10 miles per hour. What can I do to get my BOLD 9700 to register on the RIM network and have my BIS service package work?

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook & BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Bold 9700 Host Routing Table won't get populated. Everything else is A-OK. I do have a BIS contract.

Potentially the previous owner of the BB still have the PIN of the handset registered with their network & account. Or the service provider haven't removed it from their list of active BB.

It needs to be taken off their SP listing before it will work with another SIM or service provider.
BB Playbook & BlackBerry Bold 9700 - v6.0.0.570 | Vodafone UK | Previous: BB8100, BB9000
Home-made Recipes | Home-made Sauce Recipes | Simple Bread Recipe
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Bold 9700 Host Routing Table won't get populated. Everything else is A-OK. I do have a BIS contract.

@Avinthat,

thanks for the reply. This is the same reasoning one of the people at my service provider came up with when I called for the 20th time. I then called T-Mobile, but they were not very helpful.

I'm trying to contact the vendor at the moment, to see if he can have the PIN released.

Any other suggestions on how I can get this to work?

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook & BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Nothing can be done as far as I'm aware your end other than do what you are doing and contact the seller.

Data protection means that no-one other than the last registered user will be able to de-register the PIN.

BB Playbook & BlackBerry Bold 9700 - v6.0.0.570 | Vodafone UK | Previous: BB8100, BB9000
Home-made Recipes | Home-made Sauce Recipes | Simple Bread Recipe
Visitor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Etisalat

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Am having the same problem with the same model of BlackBerry I bought for my sister,

Kindly keep me informed if you are able to get a solution to the problem.

My email address is [removed personal information]

Thank you

Adeniyi