Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
04-05-2011 03:07 AM
I upgraded my Bold 9700 to the new OS6, Vodafone version. After having done this, all works perfect apart from the browser. I cannot get connected as I always get the error message which I posted in the title. Any solution from anyone ?
I tried new service books, battery pull, ...
04-05-2011 01:00 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Forums!!
I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):
1) Register HRT
2) Resend Service Books
3) Batt Pull Reboot
Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your carrier for formal support.
04-10-2011 06:57 AM
Thx for your help!
Unfortunately, the steps that you suggested did not do the trick ...
However, I was able to fix the problem. I think it was quite specific to the situation in which I upgraded towards 188.8.131.528 in the first place. I was traveling for business and did the upgrade while abroad. So I'm guessing that part of the settings of the roaming network were incorporated when doing the install.
I re-installed the OS from scratch but before I did that, I did all steps that you provided, to be sure that all my home country/network settings were correct. The combo did the trick an now all is working perfectly.
Thx for everything!
04-10-2011 11:00 AM
I think it was quite specific to the situation in which I upgraded towards 184.108.40.2068 in the first place. I was traveling for business and did the upgrade while abroad. So I'm guessing that part of the settings of the roaming network were incorporated when doing the install.
Yes, exactly. Your Host Routing Table and Service Books come from your home carrier and they can only deliver them when your BB is actually on their home network. One should never attempt any kind of upgrades or other changes to their BB while roaming...always best to be on your home network to do such things.
Good job! Cheers!
07-19-2012 10:00 AM
I tried #1 and #2 and they didn't work, but #3 batt pull worked like a charm. Thanks!
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
You are most welcome...of course, being "steps", to be conducted "in order", there should be no fix expected until all three steps have been fully conducted. I guess I need to find new wording for that...so many seem to interpret these instructions as "options" rather than "steps". Oh well...I'm glad they worked for you!