02-24-2010 04:29 AM - edited 02-24-2010 04:54 AM
I just got the new Bold 9700 and all my SMS messages I receive are all in the same chat/thread - and they are from different people -
How do I fix this?
Everytime I try to send an SMS to someone it does not send to them and automatically sends to the last person i text - PLEASE HELP ME!!
02-24-2010 05:35 AM
What is your device OS version?
Go to Options -> SMS Text -> and list all the screen options currently set.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
02-24-2010 09:54 AM
Convo style: Stripes
Show Names: Yes
Enter key to send: Yes
Delivery Reoprt: On
Validity period: MAX
Sent As: Text
Data Coding: 7 bit
Disable autotext: No
Leave message on SIM: Yes
Network to send over: circuit swithed
I have tried everything but still the SMS messages to anyone are in ONE thread -
What do I need to do???? HELP!!!!!
02-24-2010 03:26 PM
Same problem here... was just fine working on my 'old' 9700 last week, it broke & the replacement I received from carrier has this problem...
Here`s my setup & what I`ve tried:
- BB 9700
- OS v184.108.40.2063
- BB Messenger v220.127.116.11
- Hotsed BES connection.
- I have wiped & re-setup the handset several times.
- I have tried it with and without restoring historic message data.
- I have installed no apps, third party or BB.
Everything works a charm for an hour or two after a fresh setup, but then as soon as you do a hard reset (which will inevitably happen at some point) the problem rears it`s ugly head:
- Text (SMS) Messages from various people all appear to come from one contact, always someone who you have also received a message from.
- Replies to that message will be sent to the name shown, not the person who sent you the original message.
- E-mail and BBM and unaffected & opperate as normal.
Going to try downgrade to older OS now & see what happens, will report back...
02-26-2010 10:46 AM
The solution in this thread may also be worth trying:
05-09-2010 11:44 AM - edited 05-09-2010 11:46 AM
its a bug in that particular version. i had the same but i upgraded the phone thru the desktop manager to version 18.104.22.1682 and problem solved.
it should be better than downgrading and easier than the solution in the posted link above.