Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 7900

Bold 9700 Starts to boot up and then stops and does it all over again

Got a new handheld and the battery died.  Left it charging for a couple of hours and now I can't get it to turn back on.  I have it charging off the wall charger and red the light in the top right corner is on.  It will go off then appear to be booting up....

It will say Blackberry in the middle of the screen, the the a white status bar starting to creep across the the screen as if it is going to boot up.  Then when it gets about 1/5th of the way across it flashed white and the red light in the top right corner comes back on and the in a few seconds the process repeats itself.

I have taken the battery off with the unit connected to the wall charger and I get the battery with the slash through it indicating no battery installed, but nothing seems to be able to get it running again.  Same issue if I have it connected to the wall or computer via the USB cable.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
KUrt

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bold 9700 Starts to boot up and then stops and does it all over again

I am having the SAME problem, however, mine started when I attempted to upgrade my FB app on my phone.

Anyone.. Please?????

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Same problem here:

at first it kept shutting off while displaying the white blackberry symbol, about 1/10 through the loading bar.

now it won't even display the loading bar, only turns on the red light and then shows a white screen with a blue battery and a lightning bolt then shuts off no matter how long I charge it for

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Well I have run across this issue with my bold 9000 and a couple of other blackberry's as well and usually a clean reload of the device software will fix this right up.  Here are the steps to get it to boot up properly:

*Note if you are running Vista or Win 7 make sure you turn off User Account Controls it will make this following process a whole lot easier and will help decrease the chances of errors.

1. Download and install the blackberry desktop software from blackberry.com(skip if already have it)

2. Download and install the blackberry device software from your carrier's website (just go to google and do a search for "Carrier Name blackberry device software).

3. 99.9% of the time a backup will not work when the blackberry starts doing this but you can attempt it.

4. After the attempted backup go to your C: Drive ->program files or program files(x86)  if you have a 64 bit operating system ->Common Files -> Research In Motion -> Apploader -> loader.exe (icon should look like a blackberry)

5 once the new window opens click next and then make sure your PIN or Unknown is listed in the dropdown if so then click next again.

6. A process will happen and an application list should show up, if not then exit the loader window take out the battery while keeping the blackberry connected. Open the loader window again and go through the process again, this time the list should pop up.

7. When the app list appears click next, now there should be an advanced button click this button and make sure that both of the check boxes are selected. Click Next

8. If at any point the this wizard asks you if you want to do a backup you are going to put a check beside "Do not auto backup my device"

9 Click next and then when it comes to finish if the battery didnt need to be taken out then click finish, if you did take the battery out put the battery back in and then immediately press the finish button.

10. If you receive an error right away that allows for a "Retry" option that choose this option and it should connect to the blackberry without a problem.

11. Let this process go and when it has completed your blackberry will start to load up, this process can take up to 10min so don't touch it or be alarmed at the wait time.

That process should help you to get rid of this issue, hope it works for you.

My Device: blackberry 8900 curve
My Carrier: mtn nigeria

i followed the steps up to number 6 but when the i click on next, it refuses to connect to device ARM cos the phone goes off. pls what should i do next?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: MEP (0 left)

try this instruction, http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB10144&sliceId=1&cmd=displayKC&d...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if your issue is resolved. To give thanks, click thumbs up