Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Bold 9700 and Visor Mount VM-605

Hello, I am new to this forum and this is my question: Does anyone know if the BB Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605 will work with the new Bold 9700? I bought it for my BB9000 and would like to think it will integrate so I don't have to buy a new handsfree visor. Thx!

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold 9700 and Visor Mount VM-605

Yes, the VM605 will pair and work great with the 9700

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

It will indeed work.  The only catch is that you will need to set the speakerphone in pairing mode so that you can remove the pairing from your Bold 9000 and re-pair it with the Bold 9700.

You can do this by pressing and holding the main button (the front panel) until you hear the speakerphone tell you it's in pairing mode.  At that time, you can begin searching for it using your new Bold 9700 and then complete the pairing process (the code is 0000).

Enjoy!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I've had my 9700 for about a week and my VM-605 for several months.  The VM-605 worked great with my 8900 but I have been unable to get it to work voice dialing with my 9700.  It pairs just fine, it connects but whenever I try to say "Call X," it continually says "Say a command" or "Try Again."  I'm less than satisfied with the combination.  Speed dialing from my phone works fine with the VM-605, it just will not recognize voice dialing.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: AT & T

informative!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Hi, I have a Bold 9700 and I am very intrested to buy and use a VM-605 bluetooth car kit. I have
some questions that I can't find answers for (internet and/or sales persons)
and would like you to clarify them for my.

1.   My first question is regarding the statment: "The FM transmitter turns off automatically after 1 minute if you are not listening to an audio file or a call through your vehicle's stereo system." Does that mean that when a call comes in after 1 minute the call goes through the speaker? or does it reconnect to the car stereo system?
  2.   After I paired my phone with VM-605 through the car streo system, and  saved the FM frequence onto my car's radio, can I listen to another station on a different frequency? Then, when a call comes in, can I just swich back to the pre-programed/saved station (frequence) and take the call through the car stereo system?
  3. Will VM-605 switch off automatically after I get out of the car to meet with a client?
  4. If I left my phone's bluetooth on, do I have to switch VM-605 on when I get back into the car after I met with a client? and
  5. Will the bluetooth pairing take place automaticly?
  6. How does VM-605 handel the phonebook? Is it synced with the device or is the caller just "pushed" through to the car/device sound system?
  7. I have a huge phone book, with over 600 clients, each client has multiple numbers. Will the VM-605 be able to distinguish between the numbers and still call out the client's name?

Thank you for helping me.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi there,

I have responded to your question here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Accessories/BlackBerry-Visor-Mount-Speakerphone-VM...

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Hi Krypto, thank you!

I stumbled only at a later time onto the "link", and thought it better to ask my questions there.