Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Idea Cellular

Bold 9700 constantly freezes

I have a Bold 9700 it freezes daily (meaning their is a clock kind a thing which comes up and never goes) untill i do a battery pull out. Daily i have to do a minimum of 3 battery pull outs. Please someone help me, its driving me crazy. When I do a battery pull out the free application storage capacity is around 12 mb but after a while it suddenly becomes 0.00 mb. I have no idea why the free application memory which was 12 mb suddenly becomes 0 mb after a while and when i do a battery pull it suddenly comes back to 12mb free application space.

I sincerly need help, please help me as this issue is taking my toll.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bold 9700 constantly freezes

12MB is extremely low for free memory after a reboot. You need to clean out your device of pictures, media, apps, etc. Make sure pictures are being saved to a media card and if you have a lot of 3rd party apps you may need to remove some that you don't use very often.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

How much free memory is required for good functioning of the device?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That device should have at least 50MB and preferably closer to 100MB in order to function properly. Did you upgrade it to OS6? That is not recommended since OS6 uses too much of the device memory just to hold the OS. I recommend using OS5 on the 9700. If you want OS6, get a 9780 that has more memory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

The total space available in my device for Applications is 256MB, Black berry OS takes about 131.7 MB space how am I suppose fit everything else in the remaining approx 130MB and also make sure that I have about 50MB reserved?

Guru II

Sorry...it's not unlimited storage. As I mentioned, make sure all media is being stored on the media card and not the device memory. Limit your apps, and keep your device cleaned out. You can check database sizes by going to Options >Status >hit menu key and select "Database sizes." It will tell you the size of those databases. That was one of the major reasons the 9780 came out. It has twice the memory.

Regardless, 12MB is extremely low and you will continue to have these problems until you get it cleaned up.

And one more thing what can be the reason that my application memory gradually becomes zero after a while and when I reboot the device memory is back to normal. And also I have got a few unwanted icons in my home screen like under "All" I have "Music" , " search"legacy", "Pictures" what can be the reason? I am not able to deleate it.

Guru II

Read through this:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320