Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telenor Serbia
Accepted Solution

Bold 9700 freezes on licence after update to OS 6

Hey people,

Getting a bit desperate here... Can't seem to revert to OS 5 coz my desktop software (fully up to date) can't seem to connect to the device. The USB connection worked perfectly 10 minutes ago before I upgraded to 6. My problem is that I can't use the trackpad to click accept on the licence agreement, the trackpad seems dead itself, can't scroll or anything and the agreement is on the screen all the time...
Please help somehow...

Tryed restarting the device and the computer, the same situation...

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold 9700 freezes on licence after update to OS 6

You'll definitely need to get your phone to connect to BlackBerry Desktop Software if you're going to get anywhere.  If that isn't happening, here's an article from RIM which might help:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Please report back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telenor Serbia

Re: Bold 9700 freezes on licence after update to OS 6

Well, miraculously after dozens of attempts reconnecting the USB connection, it did connect to the BBDS... I hated the situation very much because I am very dependent on my Blackberry and in that state it was completely unusable...
Is there any legal way of loading OS6 into Bold 9700 and having it actually work?