Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Globacom

Bold 9700 screen went blank after 6.0 bundle 3049 update

So i connected my Bold 9700 to my PC, and was informed that there was an update available; backed up my phone and started the update. Everything was going on smoothly, until after the reboot to install the update modules; screen just blanked out on me. The phone works fine and all cos i still get bbm pings, texts, calls.

I tried downgrading but the screen's still blank, so i'm not sure if its a software or hardware issue. The phone's about a year plus and its taken its fair share of smacks to the ground but nothing too serious. Has anyone encountered this issue and how did u fix it..need my phone working badly. Please help.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bold 9700 screen went blank after 6.0 bundle 3049 update

It's very possible the screen backlight went out. Check with your carrier. It's possible that it's still under warranty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Globacom

Re: Bold 9700 screen went blank after 6.0 bundle 3049 update

Thanks John_Clark for the response. Had to take the phone for repairs; just so happened that the screen was bad and the IC also had issues. It's working now.