Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Airtel

Bold 9780 - Google Maps & Google Search App not working

Am using a Bold 9780 and in the recent past i have been having problems with my google maps and google search app. I had installed Google Maps and Google search app on my bold 9780 and it was working totally fine untill last week when it stopped working. The Google search app opens but wenever i put in a search criteria it searches for some time and finally says Google app cannot connect. With regard to Google Maps, it opens but does not load or acquire my current location or unable to give me directions hence i uninstalled both the apps and tried reinstalling several times but in vain. The google maps application opens and shows me a screen where it says Terms & Conditions... "loading please wait" after some time it gives me an error message "Serious Error please exit and restart" how much ever times i retry its the same error i get. With regard to Google Search app, am not able to install it from the website. it takes me to a screen which says "sorry your device does not meet system requirement"

Am not sure whats wrong as i have never encountered this problem in the past. My BB data plan is very much active and i am able to browse and connect to all social networking apps.. Kindly help in sorting this out.

Has anyone encountered this kind of an issue.