Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: digicel

Bold 9780 not reading media cards

Hi....

i had this phone for exactly 30 days now and it was great up until about 20days ago every now and then it wouldn't read my media card which i would solve by rebooting the device.

now it wont read it any at all even when i tried another card it wont pick it up.

it shows on the pc when i connect it during a reboot but then a notification comes up saying that a fatal error has occurred and it cannot read the media card and its one again.....

by the way the cards were a a 2gig micro SD and a 1gig sandisc

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Bold 9780 not reading media cards

I had something similar once, but I could fix it be taking the card out and reinserting it.

If that doesnt help, back up your data on the card thtough your PC, format it, and check before and after you restore your data.

Good Luck!!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: rogers

Hello, im having this same problem. bb wont recognize any media card  original said one day it had fatal errors and could not be read. pulled media card, pulled battery, checked card in computer and its fine. reformatted card and tryed it bb again, still no good. tried brand new card. no good. must be bb......

any help? reformat or restore os on bb???

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

My Memory Card use to work, Until my phone accidentally slipped out of my hand and fell on the floor, and this message came up saying format the memory card, But it said failed to format, after a while(Couple of weeks)  it don't even recognize it how comes, when I put my memory card (4gb, But I tried with all my other memory cards aswell) in it says nothing, It don't even say there's a memory card inside your device, Its like there's literally nothing inside the memory card slot, Can you please tell me the solution! 

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: rogers

Hello, i look around and tried support through rogers and through RIM, nothing came of it. Bit the bullet and sent the phone in for repairs. didnt have it for 2 weeks. came back, and it works fine. no details on the repair order of what was actually done. just that the issue described had been remidied. sorry, thats all i've got. either way works flawlessly now. sorry to not be more help.