Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

PMF
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Optimus

Bold 9780 problems with wifi

Hi

I have a Bold 9780 that has recently been unblocked from the BES server. Until now, the wifi was blocked for security reazons.

Now that wifi is available, i'm trying to connect to internet. Is stablish the connection with the wifi network but when I try to get to the internet (both using the BB or Opera brwoser), it gives me the message : "Connection Faliled".

The odd thing is that without the SIM card, it was worked ! I've tryed with another SIM card from a Collegue of mine that had the same BES profile has I did and the same is happening.

The mobile provider (Optimus here in Portugal) is saying it has nothing to do with them since the 3G is disabled therefore it has nothing to do with their data network. On the other hand, the BES Adm is assuring me that all policies have been removed from my profile...

So I'm stucked and don't hava a clue of what is going on and how can I put things working over a wifi internet connection.

Can you help me on this ?

Regards 

Pedro

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Bold 9780 problems with wifi

For BlackBerry 6 to 7.1:

From the home screen, select Options > Security > Security Status Information.
The IT Policy details will be listed under the heading IT Policy.

Note: If there is no IT Policy header or only No Services is displayed, then there is no IT Policy assigned to the smartphone.

The instructions were copy over from this kb article link: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=A2CCEB83DD1ADB17B12165A3F2180C52?...
PMF
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Optimus

Hi

There is a service listed : Desktop [S17089431] (AES)

There is no clue in your reply that can guide me to solve the problem.

Regards

Pedro

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Seems like their is a IT policy Installed on your phone.
Here is a KB article on how to remove IT Policy
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB14202&sliceId=2&cm...