Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Bold 9780 switching off randomly

Dear BB Team,

My Bold 9780 has the problem of switching off randomly and at times, gets rebooted itself. Got it serviced at authorized center, but no use at all. The device is still under warranty. Any help as what could be the cause. 

Arun

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bold 9780 switching off randomly

Does it do this when connected to the charger? If not, that often indicates a defective battery. Have you tried a different battery?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Ohh yes, the service center advised me while returning my...

Ohh yes, the service center advised me while returning my device that a new battery has been put. It does not go off while getting charged. They say there could be problem with the SIM card and need to check with another SIM card in the slot.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Ohh yes, the service center advised me while returning my...

If the device works fine while on the charger it indicates an issue with power. That means either the battery or the mainboard of the device. You can try another sim but if a new battery doesn't solve the problem I'd say the device should be replaced.

That said, you might try wiping the device by going to Options >Security Wipe (make a backup before doing this, though) and see if the problem persists. Make sure you remove 3rd party apps too. If the problem persists then it's likely the hardware problem I have described above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks Boss. 

The Service Team advised the board has been refurbished as it had problems and I got it back only yesterday after a long wait of one month. Even before 24 hours after getting it back, I am getting the same problem, I think I must ask for a replacement. How do I go about it?? DOes the service center can help me, I really doubt?? The phone is still under warranty.

Highlighted
Guru II

You would have to contact your service provider about that.