Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Bold 9790 Touch Screen Malfunctioning

Hi Wolf, just wanted to update you, the dealer was unable to repair phone, unfortunatelty it gave no description of malfunction. Phone was replaced. Maybe Telus will revisit policy with this phone. Thank you for your help!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Thanks for the update!  Glad you got a replacement out of the deal.

My Device: Bold 9790 | Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

"I have had the #9790 for about a month and the touchscreen is no longer functioning properly. This is not from any physical damage. I have done a battery pull and a full reload of the software with no improvement. Help!"

I've had the same problem - after about a week of use. When you say "full reload of the software", exactly what is the procedure for doing this? I would like to give it a try. I suspect it might prove fruitless, though, based on your experience...

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Skitch:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telus

Keep us up to date, I know my wife has had the touch screen go wonky on her too but a simple reboot fixed that. If you are down to a full reload, you may have to take it in. Depending on your "carriers" policy(I say that because Telus tried to throw Blackberry under the bus on my issue) you may be able to take it back as a Dead On Activation phone.