Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Mobily from Saudi Arabia

Bold 9790 is turned off every now and then by itself + can't charging it through power adapter

Hey 

I have a blackberry bold 9790 that is turning off every now and then with no logical reason, even if the battery is full it keeps turning off and on until the battery is down !! The other thing that happens last night is I can't charge it through the power adapter, I can only charge it by USB through laptop. I don't know is there a virus or what!? 

Kindly suggest me a salvation .

Thanks 

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold 9790 is turned off every now and then by itself + can't charging it through power adapter

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good (from what you described, the one you have may not be) wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: bb9790
My Carrier: airtel ghana

Re: Bold 9790 is turned off every now and then by itself + can't charging it through power adapter

[ Edited ]

After some months, I observed the main problem is expansion n contraction of the battery after heating, at this moment I think I lot has being said, but what worked for me - I folded a piece of paper n placed it at the tail end of the battery to tighten it up. Believe me u, ma bb9790 can now play music n make active calls over 12hour, when at 1st it will just go off even after charging it full. And to proven I made I friend try it on his bb9790 n he was amazed bcus he too had the same on n off issue. I hope it helps u 2. But let me know if it works n if u are having any problem doing it" {REMOVED}

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: mtn nigeria

I guess dis option is d best solution... I'm amazed @ how it worked!