Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: Etisalat - UAE
Accepted Solution

Bold 9790 touch screen stops working

Well I got a black berry bold 9790 about a month ago; however, the touch screen stops responding and doesn't work again until I switch the phone off and remove the battery, it doesn't work even I reboot the phone without removing the battery.

Unfortunately, this happens around 4 -5 every day, which makes it very annoying after a while. 

I'm a new blackberry user and I don;t know how to respond to this.

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Bold 9790 touch screen stops working

Hello yrashad,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Reloading or upgrading your BlackBerry® Device Software may help regarding your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9790 smartphone screen freezing. For more information on this procedure see the following article:

How to update or reinstall BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03901

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: Etisalat - UAE

thank you Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Mtc Touch

i tried what u said told me i even tried to download other carriers and reinstall my software from another carrier i tried the impossible from a smooth reboot to a hard reboot ..... from a loader.exe to restore factory setting and even changed the screen ... the touch works for a while then doesnt work for like 2 days ,I even took it to a shop he said screen he changed it but it wasnt the screen he tried software still nothing ....  any advice ??