Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Bold 9900 7.1 Bundle 2108 update issue with Bluetooth handsfree won't connect VM-605

Both my wife and I own Bold 9900's and use Bluetooth VM-605 hands free in our cars. It was working very well until I updated the OS in our phones to 7.1 Bundle 2108 (v7.1.0.746, Platform 5.1.0.546). Now when connecting, Handsfree fails to connect (as indicated by a red X), however Stereo Audio and A/V Remote Control do connect. The result is we can not use Handsfree calling anymore, but streaming music still does work. This is very frustrating as handsfree calling is entirely the reason we bought the VM-605's. My wife is with Rogers, and I am with Bell. Both phones are behaving the same with both Bluetooth devices. I'm very confident the failure is something to do with this software update. Any ideas?
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

Re: Bold 9900 7.1 Bundle 2108 update issue with Bluetooth handsfree won't connect VM-605

I just purchased a new car with built in Bluetooth and am having the exact same problem as you appear to be having. Were you able to find out what is wrong and were you able to fix it?

I have a Torch 9810 but this is the first place I've seen somebody experiencing the same issues as I am.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Bold 9900 7.1 Bundle 2108 update issue with Bluetooth handsfree won't connect VM-605

Sorry, I never resolved the issue.  I'm still pretty confident that the OS update triggered the problem as the bluetooth was working fine before it.  I'm hoping the next OS update will have a fix for it, but I'm not holding my breath.  Please let me know if you figure it out.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: Koodo

akoles I had exactly the same issue with my girlfriends Bold 9900, she only had the phone for a week and it was connecting to her Mazda 3 with no problem and then one day the Mazda would not pickup her BlackBerry 9900. When I went to the Bluetooth options on her phone I disconnected the Mazda and reconnected and when I did there was a red X beside the hands-free. After trying several different things including re-pairing the phone with her Mazda the problem was still there.

After that I just pop the back off her phone removed the battery waited for about 1 minute and put her battery back in and restarted her phone and when she turned the Mazda on it picked up her phone and when I checked the Bluetooth settings on her phone the hands-free now had a green check mark.

So anybody that runs into this problem in the future just try pulling your battery.

Hope this helps.

cjsasl
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

I had the same problem and I solved it by deleting the bluetooth connection on my blackberry and then repairing it with the car. Once this was done everything worked.