Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Bold 9900/9930 - LOUD Network notification sound.

[ Edited ]

Dear RIM,

I found out that when I try to dial something in the "Phone" section (Phone icon), there is a sound - how do I disable it?
Also I use a pre-paid package, when I check my fone balance, there is always a network notification sound that is REALLY loud (!) and there is absolutely no way to reduce the volume or make it silence.

I work at office and I want to silence the key tone when dialing in Phone section, along as reduce sound or silence the network notification sound when check balance.

Atm the only way is to switch to Silence or Alerts Off modes.

Please include the new settings in your next ROM release!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Bold 9900/9930 - LOUD Network notification sound.

Uppppppppp

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

I had the same problem with O2 all you do is call customer services and ask them to turn off Network notification, you must explain to them the problem you are having, as soon as I mentioned the fault he seemed to know about it.

The only time I get it now is if I manualy check my balance, I had the same problem if I sent a text, checked my balance, or after I made a call, O2 will turn off all notifications except the one that tells you that you have a low balance, I know what you mean its very annoying and lets down a very nice phone, hope this helps you.

Super Contributor
My Device: 9900

Do you want it turned OFF, or just the audible sound turned off, like I do.

I want to know my balance after sending a text on PAYG, but I don't want the loud noise.

My Device: Bold 5 9900
My Carrier: Tigo Colombia

There is a way to change the LOUD sound generate for network notifications, but no to ALL networks notifications.

For the notifications after call o message "balance" is this the way:

In the home screen of your blackberry go to:

"Profiles" -- "change sounds and alerts/or edit" -- "sound for seleted profile"/ or edit profile -- INSTANT MESSAGES- Notifiers

and change BBM New message volume AND turn OFF Vibration. (double check vibration off)

Thats works for those balance messages.

Remember that your new BBM messages going to sound lower too.

For the other  networks notifications like *XXX# there is nothing to do.