Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Bold 9900 - Batteries - Nowhere to be Found

I have had my Bold 9900 for just over a year and the battery is dying hard. I live on Vancouver Island and went out to purchase a new battery because the one year warranty is up - don't you know there is not a single 9900 battery to be found on the island? We purchased the phone just over a year ago for business and now I have to go without a phone until someone can ship me one. My cell is the phone for this office. This will definitely hurt my business and for the first time ever I think I will be looking for a different brand.

Long time blackberry lover and supporter - finally caving. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold 9900 - Batteries - Nowhere to be Found

Many carriers, Telus included, are now pushing the new BB10 phones and are backing away from OS7 phones such as the 9900. It's not uncommon in the electronics market to lose things as new ones are introduced. Be thankful that you have a 9900 and not an iPhone whose battery you can't replace at all.

I know it's an inconvenience but if you look around the internet you can find 9900 batteries for sale. You might even want to take advantage of this opportunity to bump up to a shiny new BB10 phone; I own a Z30 and it's the best phone I've ever owned (many others have said the same of the Z30).

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

They are quite easy to pick up in the UK, I've just bought a new one for my 9900 from Amazon at a fraction of the price of 12 months ago and we are talking the genuine article.
Highlighted
Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKBERRY-BAT-30615-006-1230MAH-BATTERY-TORCH/dp/B005IRMZEY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlackBerry-OEM-BAT-30615-006-J-M1-JM1-Battery-for-Bold-9900-9930-Torch-9850-...

Here's a link to the battery on ebay and amazon.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.