Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Lol- wwwwatch.

My advise is update to .585 if you wish, or stick with what you have till next month then you should get the 7.1 prompt hopefully. Smiley Happy
PRIV for BlackBerry
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

[ Edited ]

WWwatch, my wife gets a few days on her 8512 BB so as a business phone owner I would imagine that getting a full day comfortably is not too much to ask. 

Some days it starts dying by late afternoon, like yesterday, but most days I get a full day at least, from around 8am to 23:00.

Anyone else - upgrade or not?

Edit: Thanks Fraser - I'm with Vodacom South Africa and wonder when 7.1 will be out - am happy to wait it out if it's only a matter of a month or two...

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and 9700
My Carrier: Taiwan mobile

Currently Taiwan Mobile (my carrier) has released to .579 (can update directly from Program Manager).

That is supposedly the newest OS out of 7.0 (?).

Anyway, I'm downloading 7.1.0.190 pkg (exe file) again overnight since it takes several hours to download. I will download that into my phone in the morning.

If that doesn't work then I will take the phone back once again. If I have to do that I'm interested to find out what other excuse they will fake to issue me yet another free phone. Hopefully I don't have to get to that.

Oh, btw, I was pressing so hard for the root cause of the failure (batt drain), the 3rd party place
said they will get their 'engineering supervisor' to call me tomorrow to discuss.
Super Contributor

Www- 7.0.0.598 is the latest leak. I never tried it but believe its much the same as .585.

Vundla- I also have a curve 8520 as my works phone, 3-4 days I get without a charge. But use in nowhere near as much as my bold for browsing etc. If your network is slow on OS releases I would install the leak and see what you think. If you don't like it you can just change later.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I am with Vodafone in the UK. I have had a BlackBerry 9900 for a few weeks and the battery leaks power like a sieve. I am on 7.00.585 (recently upgraded).

When is RIM going to sort this out?

I have seen suggestions on this board on the lines of turn this off, turn that off and soon. That like saying to someone never wear your shoes and they will last forever. Pathetic !

Super Contributor

i think the networks have a set list of supposed fixes...lol

As you may have read 7.1 has been anounced and should be pushed out within the
next month.

this has a huge difference in battery life although still not perfect, keep your eyes on desktop
manager for the update.
PRIV for BlackBerry
New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: AT&T

ifraser, you say "this has a huge difference in battery life although still not perfect, keep your eyes on desktop
manager for the update." is that the 7.1 that has been announced but not released?

im just trying to figure out why people are so optimistic that this new OS coming out will fix the horrible

batt. problem. is there any evidence that i will fix it?

thanks guys

Super Contributor

The evidence is in the use of it. i have had the leaked version on for almost a week now
and baggie onbere almost the same. we have both seen differences from 7.0 versions
but still wouldnt say it 100% right.
i am almost getting the full day out of it, even now tethering the playbook off it. everyones
use is different though and also i have found if you hit a bad service area the phone seems to try really hard to regain
signal and kills the battery really quickly.

I am being patient and enjoying trying different OS versions to sort it but i know many other users
just cant or wont be so patient. Which is totally fair for high end phone users.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Super Contributor

The announcement is that 7.1 is available to carriers but it is up to the carriers when they test and push out the update.
i know from quizing my customer service that orange uk have it set for feb release.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and 9700
My Carrier: Taiwan mobile

I can pretty much say all these 7.0 OS's (.353n .474., .585n .579) are all useless toward batt lasting anywhere more than 5 hours. I have used them all.

It's not a hardware issue since I'm using a new phone which RIM swapped out for me recently because they claim it's a problem with that particular phone.

I'd say the rapid batt drainage issue is a problem with that particular phone model.