Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Hi, There is no available update on my bb desktop thing. I am running the current. How do you get 7.1 if it's not available? I know you can get leaks but I'm not sure where to get it and how to install one? And after the official build for the leak comes out, how do you get that? Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Your carrier will only push out their current version, no OS 7.1 yet as you know,

As I said the other day, google "bold 9900 os 7.1.0.205" and it will appear. Download the package and install on whatever you manage, was it you that had the mac? If so you might need to virtualise a copy of windows, or use someones pc/laptop for the update.

Once the official appears, if it is a different version to the leak it will appear in desktop manager as an available update when you plug the handset in.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Contributor

I'm still on 7.0 but currently my phone is on 1% battery, but It's been like that for 30 mins, thats the longest it's ever stayed on a percentage. I'm going to see how much longer it will stay like this because my battery percentage calculator? Or whatever measures it may be wrong! aha 

Contributor

Thanks for all your help.  May I ask how you actually put it on the phone as you can't do it through the desktop I'm presuming? I'm not very high tec!

I have a desktop PC so I'll use that and not my macbook. Much appreciated 

Super Contributor

Good to hear, not sure why mac support is slow.

Install desktop manager on the pc.
Install the OS package onto your desktop
Plug your phone into the pc with desktop manager open.

It should then prompt you for the update install.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

As Fraser pointed out..  Google BB OS 7.1.0.205 for Bold 9900. Download the file and double click on it to install it on your PC. Then do a windows search (on c:/) for "Vendor.xml" and delete that file. Now open Blackberry Desktop Manager and connect your phone. You'll be advised of the new OS and asked if you want to install it. Proceed with the install from there.

Super Contributor

Mike,

As the leak isn't carrier specific the vendor.xml file removal shouldn't be needed.

Also make sure you back the phone up 1st of all, just in case.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Oh yeah..  very important detail I left out..  DO A BACK UP before starting the upgrade !!  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and 9700
My Carrier: Taiwan mobile

I have tested drainage rate when using Whatsapp solidly - >20% per hour! This is without any break, continuously back/forth with someone for couple hours.

If I surf and talk on phone, doing email, etc, then my drainage rate is also about that.

I don't really have many other apps besides BattPlus, ....

I'm supposed to take my phone into the service center to let them chk it out.
Super Contributor

I notice overnight a rumour has appeared about whatsapp closing. It is a hoax thought it appears.

Smiley Happy
PRIV for BlackBerry