Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

No it won't work on the 9930 unfortunately. The last leak/official OS was a good number of releases back. But still worth using if you aren't already.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: China Mobile

Just purchased my Blackberry Bold 9900 and was I shocked at getting the Battery to last only 3 hours.  Anyway I live in Shenzhen, China and went over and purchased an aftermarket battery along with a Cradle Charger for $15 and now my Blackberry Bold 9900 works for 32 Hours with a single charge. So the simple fact is Blackberry is shipping garbage battery with its shipments. They need to correct this.  The aftermarket battery is 1,500 mAh.

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and 9700
My Carrier: Taiwan mobile

Tdsena, would you have more detail on your aftermkt battery? Manufacturer, model, etc?

Also, does it require cloning with original battery everytime you take the aftrmkt one out of the phone?

Lastly, about how many charges has the aftrmkt battery gone through?
Contributor

The Shop cloned the battery for me when I purchased it.  I have now done 4 recharges and it is still holding good with the charge. Interesting you mentioned the cloning as when he was doing it I was wondering what he was actually doing?? Something new we learn everyday.

Super Contributor

@www- that sounds like the thompson battery, only available in indonesia.

I have 3 contacts that have them, but none are getting that long over the standard battery. I would like to know what that new poster is using in the 32 hours.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Contributor

I will get you the battery details in a few days as it does not have a manufacturer on it but is well made. I will post the information for you when I get the info as I intend to buy a second Battery for travelling hate to run out of battery power.

Super Contributor

The afternkt batteries that they are selling, say, on Amazon all come with cloning trays. You do your own 'temporary' cloning.

That means almost everytime you take out the aftrmkt batt, before you put it back in you have to do cloning.

So I'm wondering how the Sz batt that Td got has the permenant cloning in there.

Btw, I believe cloning is to fool the phone in believing the batt has a over-current protection. So I'm also wondering how much risk there is with having a batt cloned.
Contributor

I am using 5 email accounts BBM and Whatsapp browser occasionally but no social feeds I do not care for them too much.  3G Mobile and SMS thats about it.

Super Contributor

I have Whatsapp and similar type of installation as Td's. I'm getting less than 25% of Td's aftermkt batt lifetime.
Super Contributor

32hours is better than anyone on thid forum or I know even using OS 7.1. I wouldn't mind knowing what ur average drain is if possible. Specially since its been proven that WhatsApp is a big drain on the battery.

I have 2 OE batteries. Both give me about 16 hours usage which is a hard days work.

PRIV for BlackBerry