Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Thanks mike yeah that is the version. Works well I think it still could use improvement. When checking my log file it is usually quite large. Although I don't clear the log file often. Just had the 9900 twice slow down so I cleared it. OS 6 did it quite a lot. So far 7.1 is good I think they (RIM) are on the right track. 7.1 is like night and day compared to OS 6 on my old torch. Although that was hardware as well. I think next release of BB phone must have dual core processors and minimum 1gb of ram and it will be very responsive. Then again dual core processor might mean less battery life as well. So far the battery save mode works well just the bluetooth to my car isn't as stable as in OS 7.0.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 - 9790 - Playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Does Rim support any of the extended batteries available on AMAZON now

They have better performance but afraid to damage the device.

If RIM cant give us a better battery let it support those.

9900 battery is total **bleep**. i am a heavy blackberry user which is not my fault as this is the usuall for a bb device user we dont just buy these devices to watch it. 

My previous 9700 was superb.

I need an alternative battery.

How could it harm the device.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 - 9790 - Playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

check this all waiting for ur advice

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 and 9700
My Carrier: Taiwan mobile

Ha, can RIM support anything... Haaaa. They can hardly support their own product nor their own company....

Stay away from any extended batt that requires cloning. Reasons stated about 20, 30, or 40 pages ago.
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

These batteries are hard to get into phone btw, I know people that have tested these and the phone didn't like them at all.

PRIV for BlackBerry
Trusted Contributor

Solid advise as I was going to try one of those extended batteries. I will just get a spare for when I need it. There are only days I have when out of town I could use one. I was concerned myself of trying an extended battery and it not working or yeah damaging the phone.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

I'd just like to say that I think regardless of which version of software you are using it will not have much of an effect on the battery life once you've have the phone for a while and the phone becomes worse at holding the battery life. Correct me if im wong but surely you are likely to need to have the phone on charge almost all the time during use simply because the battery will only get worse?

Super Contributor

Lithium ion batteries don't tend to drop in life. Or at least they last a lot longer.

I think it will take a long time till the 9900 batteries start to drop off.

I have 2 the same age just now and they both have different drain characteristics already.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Trusted Contributor

I have only had my phone since january so mine probably will take longer. They should have put a larger capacity battery in them. For now mine lasts fine but mine isn't that old.
Super Contributor

Your preaching to the converted, battery capacity is one of the major flaws in design. But it is the thinest bb on the market.
PRIV for BlackBerry