Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Uh oh, 3rd Party battery might just make this the device to beat!

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Ok, just to stop you both before you get the wrong idea, its not a security wipe.

My process involves a total memory wipe using one of many available apps. This removes all OS jave from your phone.

Not usually something to do unless you are familiar with the process, or want to be left with a bricked handset.

There is a proper process, it isn't difficult but takes practise.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

You are very welcome wwwatch. Yes you can do it that way or do everything on DM that way it will back up your info first then restore your OS. When I call AT&T and BB tech support they didn't even tell me about this. This was merely trial and error plus God gave me the knowledge to do so. Hope it helps and again, if you think you have corrupt files that may be causing an issue, don't back up your info. Just my personal opinion but it's your decision and I don't want you to fuss at me. :-)
Contributor

Thanks ifraser. I only suggest what has helped me without the help of the companies that should have know how to give the instruction sine they are "tech support". This is my best offer to what has helped me especially not using any third party apps or websites that has crashed my past devices with spam, viruses etc...
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

ifraser wrote:

Lmao...I am a bit further away unfortunately. I am in the UK. My fellow Blogger is from NZ.

428 has been a great OS as well and with the addition of a newly released third party battery that I am testing things are looking up.

New third party battery ??  have I missed something ??  At the risk of being repetitive, can I ask where I might find info on it ?? 

Contributor

@dark. No no no. I learned that some if not most third party batteries, apps, accessories will corrupt many thing especially electronics. Great prices, yes but you will pay more down the line to get things fixed. If you call your service provider and you are not out of warranty, your battery, USB cords etc.. will be replaced as long as you are specific about your issues. I'd they find it is due to third party accessories, in most cases it will void the warranty.
Super Contributor

@reborn: Lol...this is the 1st one that has been well tested on the forums. I wouldn't normally have gone to it myself as I don't really need it and have 2 OEM ones but its getting rave reviews.

Well made and not chinese budget rubbish.

Its sold under the label ecell gold on ebay. Not expensive and I will test to find out the battery life.

With the 9900 its easy to say not to use third party articles but it has become needs must for a lot of people just to make the handset usable.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Contributor

@dark. Thank you for that info. I will do much research on batteries if I find myself needing an third extra battery. It would be great if BB made a extended battery and cover to fit the devices like they used to for certain smartphones a while back. Maybe reading all these post, they will catch the hint or start putting two batteries in the boxes of there devices since they know many are having battery issues. Wouldn't it be nice for us loyal consumers?
Super Contributor

@reborn, a small point with the battery I am testing, it is the same form factor as the OEM one yet twice the capacity. So your original back cover fits also.

PRIV for BlackBerry
Contributor

Sweet. What is the model, manufacture and where I can buy it? Thanks again. Please send it to me in a private message so I can save it.