Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Orange CH

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

that referred me to download bundle 1424. Is that correct?
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

The last 2 highest OS's that appeared we're both official.

.428 from a Hong Kong network

.437 from a chinese one

437 is a damp squib, whoever put it together has left out of date apps and removed things like battery saving and media server.

I moved back to 7.1.0.428 and its been great for the last week. I tried the extended battery but gave up after a day as it got a fault holding the coding. On the OEM battery I am running up to 15 hours in a day battery life.

Hope this helps.
PRIV for BlackBerry
Super Contributor

Can anyone please stop referring to OS's by the Bundle number. It doesn't help to identify what OS version you have. Smiley Happy
PRIV for BlackBerry
Super Contributor

If you look at the picture I posted earlier your bundle 1424 is what I am running. This appears to be OS 7.1.0.428.

If you are having issues then I would try the previous release which was .402. Or even .437 as I have a fellow blogger in New Zealand that is getting good results with that.

It appear to be dependant on what frequency your carrier is using as to whether the OS works well on your network.

That's why .437 drained my battery in 4 hours or so, yet .428 lasts 15 hours with the same usage patterns.
PRIV for BlackBerry
New Contributor

as previously said, have no experience with these updates, or OS, nor bundles... I will re install the OS 7.1.0.428 (1424 bundle) and give few days try.. thx Ifraser.. been great kind help.. cheers..
Super Contributor

An example of my drain on 7.1.0.428 from the last couple of days:

1st is with the 2430Mah extended battery:

http://goo.gl/vVIGM

Notice it didn't last long

2nd today with the OEM battery:

http://goo.gl/Xbyfc
PRIV for BlackBerry
Super Contributor

That ok I am aware that most people don't have a huge knowledge of the way the OS's are numbered. Not entirely sure where the bumdle numbers are coming in but if you are still having issues it could mean you require a full wipe which isn't something for a newby really. And not something your local carrier shop will do for you either.
PRIV for BlackBerry
New Contributor

last question...

I downloaded a free app "bejoose* which frees RAM and makes my device keeo faster (using since long time).

It just gave me an alert that I have too many applications running!!    I usually close them when I don't use...

How can I see the apps that are currently running on my device? Can you guide me?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

This might seem silly but the 9860, 9790 and 9900 seem to be getting worse reports when it comes to battery life than the 9810. Now considering that there shouldn't really be much of a difference since they all started with the same software on them and the batteries don't vary that much. I've been looking at what the differences are, even if they aren't massive and noticed that other than the 9900 not having Auto-focus they all have glowing trackpads apart from the 9810 (correct me if im wrong). So it might not be a big difference but it must somehow affect the internals of the 3 phones which do have the glowing trackpad. Could this be the reason for the 9810 seeming to be overall the 'better' phone out of the os7 when it comes to battery life?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

@varol it's very easy to see which apps are running on your device. Simply press and hold the blackberry button and you should see all the apps which apps are running.

Hope this helps.