Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Yes, a few networks are using 4G for the 9810 also. It has the same radio support as the 9900.

I can't remember how it works but Full 4G or LTE supports up to 40gb per second. I think we can only get about 5mb/s on the 9900. Some networks have chosed to be very wide with the 4G description. Lol
PRIV for BlackBerry
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Those sneaky sneaky buggers. But I want to say that without YOU & the others on here, I wouldn't be as comfortable updating my system and getting the most out of this great device. Bring on BB10
Super Contributor

Not a problem. If you think the thread here went far you should join crackberry and see the hybrid thread we have. It have gone viral!!

PRIV for BlackBerry
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Fido

I am trying to download the new OS 7.1.0.694 and I was not able to, I deleted both Vendor files, installed the file. Than connected the BB to the PC, double click on the loader. Can you please guide me through the steps again, I think I am doing something wrong.

Regards

Al

Super Contributor

Ok so did you definetely get both vendor files?

One in apploader directory, and one hidden in the user profile/appdata filder?

Just had someone who is part of our group say that the other day and he still had got caught out with the hidden one.

Also, are you on ATT. If not, and unless you are using our hybrid, don't touch 694. The base OS is no good at all. Use 7.1.0.658 or 714.
PRIV for BlackBerry
New Contributor

Thank you ifraser for your reply, I will try to install the 658, please guide me to the correct steps, should I delete the vendor files first or install the 658 before that?

Super Contributor

Once you install the OS onto your pc you will then need to remove the vendor.xml file or files.

You might be lucky enough to only have one, if do this is usually in the C:\program files(x86)\common files\research in motion\apploader directory

Either delete the file named vendor.xml or rename it. Both work as good.

Once this is done connect your phone up to Desktop Manager and it should come up with the update available.

If it doesn't show then you have the other vendor file also. If this is the case post here again and I will send you the directory. Been a long day and going for some sleep. Smiley Happy
PRIV for BlackBerry
New Contributor

Thank you ifraser, your reply was so helpful, I was able to download the new OS, unfortunately for me, I downloaded 694 by mistake. Can you please let me know how can I remove it and download the 658. Please know that I downloaded the 658 in my PC, and deleted the 694, but forgot to remove it from the recycle bin.

Super Contributor

Ok. So have you installed the 658 package?

When you install an OS it registers itself with us pc. If u have uninstalled 694 then that's it gone but you still now need to install the 658 package.

Once that is done plug ur phone in.

If u have actually installed 694 on ur you will need to use the loader.exe in the apploader directory where the vendor file was. Remember to remove that again btw.

PRIV for BlackBerry
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Has anyone used an extended battery? 

I opened a thread to discuss this here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/BB9900-3600mAh-and-1500mAh-extended-batteries...

Also, found this thread on crackberry about the same ones: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/mugen-release-1500mah-jm1-battery-now-we...