Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Bold 9900 Doesn't Boot-Up...

my BlackBerry Bold 9900 froze on start up and the keyboard lights went off but the track pad and screen is still on how do u fix this ???

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Bold 9900 Doesn't Boot-Up...

Hello psn93

First try a Battery pull reboot by removing the Battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min then reinsert it back , please check if your device reboots. Or 

Have you recently installed any application before this Problem started ? Think carefully !

If you have then try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Device > Application Manegement > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I too have the same problem with my BlackBerry 9900. When the "Loading Bar" comes on, the entire phone freezes when it reaches around 75 percent complete. I know my 9900 freezes because alt + right-shift + del doesn't work. I have even tried the "Safe Mode" trick with the escape button but the phone still freezes. Is there anything else that might help?
Elite II

nativescorpion wrote:
I too have the same problem with my BlackBerry 9900. When the "Loading Bar" comes on, the entire phone freezes when it reaches around 75 percent complete. I know my 9900 freezes because alt + right-shift + del doesn't work. I have even tried the "Safe Mode" trick with the escape button but the phone still freezes. Is there anything else that might help?

Hi nativescorpion

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you're unable to boot your device on Safe Mode then as a next steps you should to reload the OS , but as you device is on a reboot loop it will not allow a simple reload , so refer to those Knowledge Base articles and try it :

• KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I have a T-Mobile US BlackBerry Bold 9900 which uses a sim card. Will this updating process be effected if I have already discontinued my cell phone service? (I don't have a sim card anymore)
Trusted Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Aircel

Try to contact nearest bb service center

Contributor

Hi Sankar_S, I'm going to try to reload the OS on my own because the nearest service center is too far for me to travel to :-(

that's why I asked Prince2012 if I can reload my OS without a sim card. But thanks for your input Sankar_S.
Elite II

nativescorpion wrote:
I have a T-Mobile US BlackBerry Bold 9900 which uses a sim card. Will this updating process be effected if I have already discontinued my cell phone service? (I don't have a sim card anymore)

Hi nativescorpion

Yes you can try it , you may not recieve the most recent OS version because it all depends on our Carrier or wireless service provider. But if you can manage an active SIM it will be helpful . Try those methods if first fails then try the next one .

Good luck.

Elite II

Sankar_S wrote:

Try to contact nearest bb service center

Hi there ,

This BSCF is sponsored by BlackBerry itself so that user can exchange ideas with each other , If we advise users to visit there respective Carrier at the first Instance even without trying to offer any help then the purpose of this forums will be useless. If possible we should try to help as much as we can .

I hope you understand .