Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Reply
New Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎04-19-2013
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Bold 9900 Keyboard/red Buttons Problem

The last few days my 9900 had started always putting 0's and always coming up "turn off" or "full power off"

also when i press u,i,o,p,del,enter.  3/5 of the time it goes to my homescreen

 

Any ideas whats up or how i can fix it please

 

Tom

Super Contributor
Posts: 271
Registered: ‎03-21-2013
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: Bold 9900 Keyboard/red Buttons Problem

Have you tried rebooting the phone??

With your phone switched on, remove the battery from your phone and wait for a minute. Reinsert the battery and switch on the phone. This mostly solves a lot of the problems. 

If it doesnt then some water in the form of water droplets or sweat may have got into your phone. In that case switch off your phone remove the battery and let the phone dry for at least 24 hours with the phone dipped in a bowl of rice. After this you can reinsert the battery and try switching it on again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 141
Registered: ‎04-16-2013
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 0

Re: Bold 9900 Keyboard/red Buttons Problem

did you get it wet?
Highlighted
New Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎04-19-2013
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Bold 9900 Keyboard/red Buttons Problem

Thanks for the replies, battery pull solves nothing, ive had it in the bathroom when ive been in the shower but that is all, i never touch it with wet hands.

 

ive put it in some rice after reading some other solutions this morning.

 

Tom