Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar

Re: Bold 9900 Not Starting Up - Battery Issue?!

Like wise I have read the post of yours, And That was exactly what I did. First I used the desktop manager as it recommend to update and it never succeed and then I used the app loader method and it is stuck for 3 hours in loafing JVM software and erasing application and not even a quarter loading bar. And I brought it to my carriers service center and they said the Main OS is corrupted and only replacement is an option if I still have my reciept and warranty card in which unfortunately I don't? That is my main reason not to recommend your method in which I did and don't give me wrong If your in my situation why would anyone take a risk of bricking an expensive unit?. and I had all of the Bold models and one curve from 9000 / 9700 / 9780 / 9900 and 9300 curve. and I had alot of experience with softwares and recovering from a brick but OS 7 of 9900 was the most complex and not recoverable from a bricked state. I also had experienced dropped 9000 into water and able to recover it by drying it in a rice bowl. We have different opinions and recommendation but I know both works but it's just the fact that yours requires taking more risk of bricking than mine, my recommendation is only to "WAIT" and as I said it will ONLY WORK IF you never did anything yet a battery pull or plugging it to pc, just plug it on a wall charger and give an hour for it to load most likely it will work.
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

My 9900 just bricked on a battery pull but not during an update. I still thought there was a way to run a bootloader to reinstall the OS.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: MTC

Usually this happens due to 4 things: 1- if your device was exposed to water and even only one drop that penetrates the charging curve can damage it. 2- A dead battery or a defective one can cause this as well. 3- a virus that comes usually from untrusted download sites, this can sleep in ur device or ur Memory Card and wake up after a while and forbids the device from rebooting. 4- a wrong or short OS installation, the device runs normally but after a while it shuts down due to missing .cod files. To fix this, u need to remove ur Memory Card and never plug it back in unless u format it. Then u need to plug the device to ur computer and try to do a Virus scan (in case the PC can recognize the device). Then u need to get a new battery, better to be made in Canada, and then plug it to a charging wall for 12 hrs non stop. After that if it didn't reboot yet, usually it does, you need to download the latest OS 7 to ur PC, plug the device to ur PC and run the apploader or the BBSAK. The BBSAK will allow u to format the device and then reinstall the new OS. In case the JVM didn't load, u can remove the device from USB for 3 seconds and then plug it back in. The OS will load successfully but even after that, u need to reinstall the same OS as while removing the device during JVM some of the files didn't load. I know it's a long explanation but this will cover it all. Good luck. Elie Bader
New Developer

[ Edited ]

Or, you could leave it on your desk for 2 weeks, then plugin in a 9930 and fix it's startup issues as per the message mentioned before in this thread. Then plug the 9900 in and voila it is alive. Well, that was the sequence that caused my 9900 to boot successfully. And it has been working great for the last month.  Thanks for the detailed advice though, I am sure someone (maybe even me) will need it in the future.

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

There also have been a number of defective batteries. The service provider should replace it for you.   Rogers did for me.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: MTC

I have Bad news for some of u guys, check this link http://www.encyclocell.com/top-news/blackberry-bold-boot-issue
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

eliebader, I hate to burst your bubble, but there has never ever yet been a virus found on a BlackBerry. Ever.
There is a known, RIM-acknowledged, issue with many 9900/9930 models.
If your 9900/9930 becomes bricked from an overnight charge and won't turn on or power up, your only choice is to return the device to your seller for a warranty return.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telenor

UPDATE VIA LOADER TO LAST VERSION AND 9900 WORK !!!! DEFINITIVELY ! i just finish my phone !
New Developer

[ Edited ]

Congrats on getting your device running again.  

My 9900 pulled this trick again this week.  I left it charging on my computer overnight and when I returend in the morning it was shut off.  When I tried to restart I all I got was a brief red light then nothing (same as my previous post). I removed the SD card, started AppLoader(program files\common files\research in motion\apploader) and then plugged in my phone.  The PC OS recognized the device with a notification beep but  didn't list the device id in AppLoader.  I reconnected the device and refreshed AppLoader and voila, it listed it and the phone was booting.

Visitor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: docomo

I am sad. my 9900 nuked last week. I try this revocery process, but stoped in a process of "Reconnecting to JVM."

Actually, 10 secinds red brinks stoped by starting this recovery process to put out battery. and started updating Device Software.   but stoped in a process of "Reconnecting to JVM."  Please some advice or more information in this case?