Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Bold 9900 Screen Issues

Need some help.....

I purchased the 9900 late 2011. In late 2012 I started to to experience some issues with the screen, a thin black line appeared across the screen. Towards Jan 2013 another thin black line appeared. When I went to my carrier they told me the usual, take out my battery and put it back in, restore the settings. I did that with no luck. Now the bottom of my screen completely black and I'm unable to see what I'm texting and access any phone controls that happen to be in that space.

I called Rogers and they told me I would have to pay to get the screen fix and then forwarded me to blackberry, where I was told I got the wrong number, that this was the number for Playbook and that if I wanted support for my phone I would have to pay for it.

Needless to say I'm a little frustrated and more importantly I would like a solution for my phone. Anyone.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold 9900 Screen Issues

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. BlackBerry actually provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into BlackBerry at no charge to the end user.

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through Rogers...even if they so far have not been quite helpful enough. Contractually, you have no free path by which to bypass them, and must escalate with them to resolve this.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................