Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900
My Carrier: Orange

Bold 9900 - Sim Card not allowed 3.

I have recently purchased a Bold 9900 for use with my orange pay as you go and after a few hours I get the message "Sim card not allowed 3". Orange have supplied three different sim cards and exchanged the handset - all to no avail. Taking the battery and the sim card out does not correct the problem. After a good deal of trial and error I now seem to have narrowed down the problem to switching between 3G and 2G. I live on the very edge of 3G reception and consequently the phone often switches between the two systems. The phone is set to "automatic" and "3G&2G". If I set the phone to 2G only it works without any interruption to the service. Clearly I would like the phone to switch automatically between 3G and 2G (as presumably it is intended to) so that when I move into areas where the former is available I have the benefit of a faster internet service. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or maybe have a solution to this issue? Is there a site where I can seek technical support from Blackberry (I am a personal not a corporate cutomer)? Many thanks for any help.

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bold 9900 - Sim Card not allowed 3.

It happens, I mean "Sim card is not allowed" cause of your BB is very "smart", and to have an ability make an Emergency Call, it tries to switch mobile network coverage in case of lost signal (or low signal).

You just have to suppress automatic network selection, just select "Options" -> "Networks and Connections" -> "Mobile Network" -> "Network Selection Mode" set to "Manual", select your network from the list, and reboot the device.

And enjoy !
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Torch 9810

Re: Bold 9900 - Sim Card not allowed 3.

I have also tried this trick. You have to insert a SIM card in any other carrier and after getting signal in that Carrier. You can also get Signals in your own BB Device.
I hope it will helpful to you .......