Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Loop Mobile
Accepted Solution

Bold 9900 - Touch Screen Not Working or Responding

Hi, I am facing the same issue on my 5 day old 9900. The touch screen just stopped working on the 2nd day & it has come up since then.

I have tried the following to correct the issue but, no success:

1.Cold Reboot (Pull battery when device is on)

2.Simple Reboot (Pull battery when device is OFF)

3. Remove battery then, SIM & SD Card, plug in battery then pull it again & put everything back in

None of these worked, my OS version is v7.0.0.261 Bundle 1346 Platform 5.0.0.464 Should I update my phone software ? Each time i try to check for an upgrade it says you have the latest one.

Regards,

Jayant

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Bold 9900 - Touch Screen Not Working or Responding

Take the device back to the store and claim for warranty. You can try by updating/reinstalling device OS again. But I think a 5 day old device shouldn't produce such issue.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Loop Mobile

I had decided to go to the BB service center to get it replaced however, wanted to know ?

Am I the only person facing this issue or there are others ?

How could the touch screen just stop completely ?

I have been using the Bold 3 earlier for a year & never faced a problem, so just a bit disappointed.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: 61412008578

I have had the same problem.

I have only had my new Bold 9900 for a month and have just sent it back to the warranty repair shop for them to look at it.

My touch screen first stopped working in the mornings after the alarm went off in the first week, so I assumed it was just a glitch with the alarm and installed a 3rd party alarm.

However, a week later it just started happening randomly at least two or three times a day - a battery and SIM card pull would fix it at first but after a while even this wouldn't get it working again - it increasingly became more and more unreliable.

At the time of sending it to the repairer the touch screen would work for roughly half the day and for the other half the day I would have to use the track ball.

Considering I bought the phone outright with 850MHz enabled at about 800AUD I am not happy.

Blackberry appear to provide ZERO support for their customers as well - wishing I had spent this money on an iPhone or HTC... BB really need to test their products properly before unleashing them on the unsuspecting masses..

My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: sprint

my blackberry bold is 2 weeks old and the touch screen stopped working also. I did what some one here suggested and removed the battey while phone off and restarted. worked for now but will update also.

thanks for the help !!!!!

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: mtn

i dont know if this happens to any one here but. i dropped my bold5 on the ground and has a screen problem and then i had it replaced. but with this new replacement, i've noticed something new, that if i place my phone on a table or on any other surface, the touch doesnt work at all or something very hard to use. i dont know if any one experience same issue here, so i'll know either to go for another replacement ..

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

RE: screen staying black.

Over the past week my blackberry has been playing up, there seems to be a problem with the screen.

my phone will work some days and then some days it wont. it was fine yesterday but then today my phone was left on and i went to press the unlock button and it didnt do anything but you could tell the phone was still on as the screen would just light up black and still vibrate as if it was receiving texts. then i decided to take the battery out like i normally would do to restart my device and again it would turn on the buttons would light up but the screen would stay black once again. id leave it to load even though i cant physically see the screen loading up and then it would vibrate again as normal but still screen wouldnt work. now some days my device would do this and i can restart it so many times that eventually it would work. but it has now been 3 hours since my phone last worked properly and i cant get any reponse from the screen at all just getting the black light screen. help what should i do. shall i take it back? would warrenty cover that or is there another suggestion ?!!!!

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

Re: RE: screen staying black.

my phone is the bold 9900 aswell. !!!
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: EE

Hi - my BB Bold touch screen has been fine for 6 months but then over the weekend it simply stoped responding to any touch. The wallpaper is still there and when i press the return key all the normal icons pop up but they dont respond to touch at all.

I have tried removing battery, remove battery and sim and reboot then reboot again reassembled and left battery out over night too

Nothing seems to help so hopefully you can???

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Same problem since 2 weeks.

Blackberry constantly re-loading OS 10.3.2.2168 about 20 times since mid-July 2015.

Touchscreen stops working and sometimes opens and closes setting dropdown by itself.

Automatic screen reader comes on by itself, but the screen is frozen.  It keeps saying to swipe screen up from the bottom to unlock, but the screen does not respond.

Very frustrating, and I am thinking of getting id of my blackberry becasue this is clearly caused by the download of the new operating systems not working right.

John