Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Bold 9900 Trackpad moves on its own

I have a Telus unlocked Bold 9900 which I am using on Bell.  The phone works fine for different lengths of time, and then out of nowhere the trackpad will scroll on its own.  Usually up to the top repeatedly, nothing will stop it.  A battery pull usually puts it straight for a little while.  I read on Crackberry of similar problems, I find if I clean the trackpad it seems better for a while.  Is this a software issue or hardware issue?  How can I fix it.

Thank You

My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: optus

Re: Bold 9900 Trackpad moves on its own

i have the same problem, anyone found a fix for this?
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Maxis

The track pad is optical, if you have any object or your finger close to it, it recognized and moves accordingly. But here looks like altogether a different problem, the auto scrolling does not happen to me.
New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: verizon

i have the same problem. i have the 9930 from Verizon. Once in a while it will scroll back to the top of the page, whether I'm on the home screen or in a emal etc. goes away after a while.  thinking of exchanging for new one. 

Waterloo, please let us know if there's a fix for this. We dont want to get the iphone5

New Contributor

if this were the case why would this never happen on the bold 9650?
My Carrier: SaskTel

I have the same trackpad issue where it zooms to the top at warp speed and is becoming a big problem as its difficult to write texts when you can't even finisg typing a word without it zooming upwards through days of messages! Please let me know how to fix or if the recommendation is to take back to the supplier.

Thanks!

Highlighted

I got a new 9900 and the trackpad is working properly now. It must be a hardware problem. I heard there was a bad "batch" of 9900's.
My Carrier: Smart Tone Vodaphone

Great! I really hope that this can be resolved as I have the same issue happening at random. At first I thought maybe it could be my hand to the side of the device...nope! I tried a no hand approach and it carried on. If only it could also reply to emails!

I do have a screen protector on my device so maybe this is the issue given the new touch functionality?

Look forward to some solid advice on a solution.

New Contributor

i exhchanged my 9930 for new device and no longer have this problem.

Glad I'm not the only person having this problem, I've spent 2 days trying to change settings to fix it lol