Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Bold 9900 Wireless Connection Issue

Hi Everyone

This might be abit of a noob question but it is something that bugging me and I’m not sure if my new phone is faulty or I’m just not using it right since this is my very first Blackberry.

Model/Network: Bold 9900 / O2

Issue: Currently I don’t think my phone is connecting wirelessly properly because when I turn off data by going

Options > Network and connections > Mobile Network > Data Services > Off

I cannot browse the internet or anything even though my phone has wireless on and is connected to a network... Previously I had a HTC Android phone which allowed me to do that so I can ensure that when Im at home my phone will only ever use wireless, I’ve tried this with a few places I regularly have wireless connections with so I know it’s not localised to my home network.

Any Suggestions? Or am I just doing it wrong

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold 9900 Wireless Connection Issue

That is working correctly... if you turn off data, well--data is OFF. No browsing or internet or data features will work.

When you are connected to a WiFi signal, your BlackBerry will use the WiFi data pipe, not the mobile network.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

hi all,

I have got new BB9900 i am also experiencing wifi issue, my BB will connect to wifi but after a min or two it will stop working and if i try to connect again it will failed to obtain IP address, morever my router will start malfunction and my computers also loosing IP address and it will not work until i restart.

Please advise .

Best regards,

Shahzad

shahzaad wrote:

morever my router will start malfunction and my computers also loosing IP address and it will not work until i restart.

You have a bad WiFi router, that's not the fault of the BlackBerry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

i just got my 9900 a day ago and i have the same problem with wifi conection i can open the browser but npthing ellse so what a hell is this whats the point of having this phone if the old bold did more stuff then this one

armend, it sounds like you've not provisioned your account with this new device PIN and IMEI. Call your mobile provider and ask them.
Meanwhile, please watch your language in the forums here, I'm sure you're frustrated.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

my router is fine because my iphone is working with same router, more over my bold 9000 is working fine, only issue is bold 9900.

My Carrier: vodafone

hi everyone,

I'm experiancing the very same problem and I have been trying to solve it for some time now (even exchanged my phone). Fact is: wifi connection is working very slowly (if at all) and after a couple of minutes the connection breaks down and kills the router as well. It's definately not the routers fault, because I have tried 5 different ones and none of them seemed to work any better.

thanks in advance for your help!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am experiencing the same issues connecting to my wireless router. It works for 2-3 minutes and then reports 'unable to find server'. There have been several different reports all involving connection issues. There is nothing wrong with my router which connects 2 iphones and five computers to the internet without any issues. Is this a software issue Blackberry, no point in burying your heads in the sand much better to accept there is an issue and get it sorted.

New Contributor

Hi Guys,

This is to update you all, after I upgrade latest version of BB OS v7.0.0.585, platform 5.0.0.734) wifi problem has been solved.

FYI