Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Bold 9900 Wireless Connection Issue

Thanks for your update - I am not sure where abouts you are but that upgrade was not available on the UK Blackberry website after I logged in following your post. Unless you know of some other way of upgrading I will just have to wait until it becomes available on my desktop software.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yep - managed to download the update and it has cured the dropping modem issue but now it won't loggin because it is saying I have WEP encryption when in fact I have WPA. Sometimes I am able to login as it then changes to my connection being WPA only to change back to WEP when I decides to!! Very frustrating.

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9900 BOLD
My Carrier: BELL

Hi guys

MY Blackberry 9900 Bold wifi is not working properly. Usually it was working fine but not anymore. Bell and BB technician couldn't find the problem and they are blaming each other. If I am under the wifi sensor then it connects and it will disconnect after a minute. Very frustrating issue.

Please reply.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

P0061109 wrote:

Hi guys

MY Blackberry 9900 Bold wifi is not working properly. Usually it was working fine but not anymore. Bell and BB technician couldn't find the problem and they are blaming each other. If I am under the wifi sensor then it connects and it will disconnect after a minute. Very frustrating issue.

Please reply.

You should call Bell and have the issue escalated up to BlackBerry technical support.

If it is a WiFi connection issue, Bell has nothing to do with that connection and BlackBerry should assist you resolving it.

If you can explain in detail here what is happening and what you've done to resolve, we'd be glad to help.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9900 BOLD
My Carrier: BELL

Thanks for the reply. Let me explain in detail:

I bought this blackberry 9900 bold last year. Everything was working fine. As soon as I was entering my house, wifi automatically start working everywhere in the house. If I go to work place wifi works, any public place it was working fine.

Since last few weeks, it is not working as it supposed to. If I am sitting on top of my router at home it is working but as soon as I move away it is not working.

when I go work or any other place it does not work.

Now we have another same blackberry at home and it is working fine.

I also asked Bell to change my router and they did it but still problem is not fixed.

I called Bell and they tried, but not successful. They escalate the problem to Blackberry technician. They did try but not successful.

For example; reload software, wipe out the data etc...............

No Success and I am very upset now.

If everything else is working but not my blackberry then it is the hardware problem (I guess...)

Now it is in your court. What I should do?

Thanks

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

P0061109 wrote:

Now it is in your court. What I should do?

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

So, I personally nor anyone in this forum can help you with the hardware, if that is the fault.

Again, Bell should be following up on this. If it is a hardware problem and the device is in warranty, they should replace it ASAP.

Perhaps you need to ask them for that?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code