Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Bold 9900 - after sim change on upgrade, cannot access e-mail accts or blackberry protect

Hi, I have a Blackberry Bold 9900, with most current operating system, etc.

I decided to upgrade my phone to a Samsung Note 3. Since the sim card is smaller on the samsung phone (micro), I was given a new sim card. After a few days, I have decided I'm not a full touch screen phone person, so I took the micro sim card out of the samsung and inserted it into a sim card adapter so it would fit into the slot so my Bold 9900 would get my service. Everything seems to be up and running as it was - I can get phone calls, send texts, go on the web, use pandora, use data, etc., but I no longer have access to my e-mails being pushed to my phone. When I go to setup it shows I have 5 e-mail accounts, but when I try to go into e-mail accounts it tells me my "device has a problem connecting to the server". and the only other problem I am also getting is that I get the following message "service plan does not support Blackberry Protect" when I restart my Bold 9900.

I checked all options on the Bold 9900 but cannot find why I cannot go to my e-mail accounts or am having issues with the Blackberry Protect. Instead of returning the Samsung Note 3, I have given it to my husband as he already has an older samsung phone and I am going to use his upgrade eligibility to get a Blackberry Q10 in a month or two. But until then, I need to get my Bold 9900 up and running like it was before and that means having my e-mail accounts as I rely on getting my work e-mails to my phone so I can communicate with my bosses when I am out of the office.

What could be causing my problem with not being able to go to my e-mail accounts under setup so I can get them back up and running? Is it something in the operating system that might get fixed by restoring to factory setting or reloading the operating system? Now, I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but I have AT&T service and am grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan and when I upgraded to the Note 3, I made sure that they kept my data plan as unlimited (which they did), so could it be that the data plan is now only usable with LTE non-blackberry devices? As I plan on moving up to the Blackberry Q10 soon, would I get the same errors when I insert the sim card into the Blackberry Q10 or would it work just fine?

In other words, are those two errors I am getting due to the older 7 OS operating system in the Bold 9900 and would those issues not exist in the Q10 once I insert the sim card? I have been told that the 10 OS works differently than the 7 OS, making the Blackberry more compatible to other smart phones. If so, I might be better off, just living with the Bold 9900 without e-mail for a week and getting the Q10 sooner than planned. 

I appreciate any input or assistance. Thank you so much!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Bold 9900 - after sim change on upgrade, cannot access e-mail accts or blackberry protect

Hello you can still use your Unlimited Data Plan.
Check if it really has that unlimited plan as there are operators that change reasons I do not think they should continue to offer such unlimited plan.

With respect to the 9900 I recommend you make a new update of your team BB, and set up your email accounts, then let us know if your problem still evidences the persistence.

Before upgrading, remember to make a backup with DM and BB protect all the information of your BB.

Quietly you can still use your unlimited data plan on the Q10 and to configure your email accounts without any problem.

I have the Q10 and I'm really happy with this device

Regards.

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions ** Can
Accept as Solution to ** Comments **

@gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution