Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: STC

Bold 9900 and Torch 9810 Audio, Ring, Sound Problem - BIg issue

[ Edited ]

I had a problem with my 9900 with sounds and audio are not working, no sounds come from the device even when I get a call with the profile chosing as Normal and I had to pull the batterry eveytime to fix it for a while. Then it repated much often. I had enough all though I was in love with my bold and went to exhange it with Torch 9810

I though that my nightmare has gone but the shock was that the Torch 9810 got the SAME AUDIO  problem

Now, am stuck with Torch until a new solution from RIM comes up for those new so called OS 7

I hope that RIM fix this problem in all the new devices and speak out with what is the problem, is it Hardware or a software? 

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Bold 9900 and Torch 9810 Audio, Ring, Sound Problem - BIg issue

I just got my new Torch 9810 YESTERDAY and i love the phone. Unfortunately, though, I am having the same issue as you are, and fixing it the same way. Frustrating...

Contributor

I'm really sad. This problem is such a nightmare to me.

I exchange my beloved Bold 9900 to the one I really dislike from the first time it's on market because of this Audio and Hanging problems, to see that even Torch has the same issue.

I'm thinking to change the mobile for good, any other brand will save me the frustration i'm having.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Are you using a One Touch Flashlight type of application? If so, this app may be disabling your audio.

Do a battery pull, test your audio, then start the Flashlight app - no audio?  Then uninstall until they update the application.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

My Bold 9900 had the same problem. It seems the <Inappropriate Content Removed> at BB Appworld are to lazy to test out Apps before they approve them for Appworld. It's a shame that RIM's ego is so large they think it's OK to **bleep** on the loyal customers that made 

RIM the company they are today. Hopefully Rim will figure this out before the same loyal customers make RIM a $1.00

stock and completely dismiss them for Apple & Android. I think BB makes the best handsets availble. i don't think that makes it OK to sell bad gas for them though.

Anyways here are the Apps that I uninstalled to regain my audio on my Bold 9900. These apps corupt the OS

that breaks the audio on Bold 9900-

1-Touch Flashlight Free

Flashlight: 2 for 1 FREE

Flashlight: Free-No. 1 Rated

Flashlight one touch

Magnesium Flashlight and Emergency

One touch flashlight (uses camera)

Yes. I went through all of these apps. Found only one Flashlight apps that works-

X-Flash does not corupt OS and works great

There is probaly more non flashlight apps also that will corupt the OS that i've not mentioned.

GET WITH IT RIM BEFORE I HAVE TO BUY A NEW HANDSET AND SELL MORE OF YOUR STOCK!!

My Device: 0

Hi cellphonenut,

Please read your Personal messages
Chronos                                                                                                      New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png  AS3.png  CG2.png
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: t mobile

I had this flashlight app and I removed it and it work, thanks.

Contributor

I don't have any flash apps and the problem keep on getting my nerves.

It's an Hardware problem.

I also tried to not install any apps for three days till the problem came again. NO APPS was on my phone.
k1k
New Contributor
My Carrier: saudia arabia STC

The same problem and you change the Software more than two copies

I update my package to version 7.0.0.540 2290 and I'm having the same problem?

This is the fault of the manufacturers of this giant company??

Unfortunately, I was shocked in the device
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

Even i am facing the same problem with torch 9810. How RIM is not working on this issue. I wish i could have opted for apple or android. This is frustrating me. Is this OS problem or hardware issue?