Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

p67
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers Canada

Bold 9900 battery life

Any info if the limited battery life on the 9900 is a defective lot of devices or is this a general problem.

Thoughts on RIM's response to solving the issue?

Less than 24h on standby is considerably less than the announced 12.8 days anounced, which may qualify RIM for deceptive advertising

Super Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Bold 9900 battery life

I'm getting 6 max using this bold Smiley Surprised

it's either battery or OS7 issue

tweet me
p67
New Contributor

Thanks for feedback, but is that 6 days or 6 hours?

Super Contributor

I wish it was days Smiley Sad just 6 hours Smiley Surprised

tweet me
p67
New Contributor

Where you got the phone have any suggestion?

Super Contributor

From Orange UK last Friday

I'm shocked how poor this battery is going from bold 9700 to this and reading on google search everyone's saying the same 6 hours is the normal 8 if ya lucky

tweet me
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ORANGE

I also got my new 9900 from UK Orange last Thursday and the battery drains so quickly I have to take the charger to work with me Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

I have an O2 Bold and battery is down just one notch - about 95% available. I find that with relatively light use, I have about 20% life left at the end of the day. This is mostly emails received and a couple of phone calls. I charge it every night. Compared to my old Bold 9000, battery life is worse, but as RIM say, this is their slimmest phone ever, so battery capacirty must have been sacrificed.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

This has to be a defective batch of batteries, mine if form Vodafone and I have having the same issue.

In fact I have posted earlier about having to charge the device with it sticking out fo the holder, which means the screen is on and notifications are active when charging.

My last Bold was able to be charged whilst in it's holder, without draining the battery or causing any problems.

They quoted battery life is nowhere near the actual life. Something is either going wrong with the OS or they have plain out lied.

Anyone else noticed that when you slide it into the holder, the touchscreen detects the holder as a touch and moves all the screen  upwards, so if you leave it on emails and holster it, whan you take it out it is on something compeltely different, usually options or full screen menu, very annoying! 

New Contributor
My Device: bold touch type 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

bold 9900 battery life

bold 9900 has very pathetic battery life ... it drains out very fast ... i would like to know if RIM has taken any initiative for the same to get it resolved it immediately . update if any software update to be done to retain good batter life .